A world on fire

This is based from a short story on one of my other accounts :)
------

Mercy was a very good friend of mine, she had brought back my Genji from the dead after all. " Is Angela coming over today!" I shouted to Genji from our bedroom. " Yes she should be over any minute!" He responded. Angela and some other Overwatch members had been staying in the base in Hanamura since the Shimada were getting a little sketchy again.

A few seconds later and a knock was heard. I slid down the banister and opened the door. The blonde was standing at my doorstep an angelic smile on her face. " Hi Angela! How are you?" I grinned pulling her in. Genji greeted her from the living room as he was throwing his shirukuins at the wall. I didn't really like it when he did that but I put up with it. " I'm assuming you don't like when he does that based on your face." She giggled and I nodded arms crossed at Genji as I raised an eyebrow at him.

He coughed before ceasing his actions. "thank you Gen." I leaded her upstairs into the balcony looking over the koi pond in our small zen backyard. We lived in the more older part of Japan. I sighed everything was so different and with the second Omnicrisis I don't know how long the peace will last. " Y/n is something bothering you?" Angela asked. I looked out at the blue sky.

" I wish I could tell you or Genji." She frowned in discontent I could understand why I wasn't one to not share feelings. "Go on." She motioned with her hand the same gesture her words meant. I took in a breath. "What do you see when you look around." Angela tilted her head to the side before taking in the scenery . We had sat down our feet dangling over the edge. " Its peaceful I would love to live in a place like this, it takes away all the stress I could ever have." I smiled it was just the answer I predicted her to say.

" That's not what I see." Angela's eyebrows furrowed slightly in thought.

"What do you see."
" A world on fire."

Her blue eyes widened in shock. " There are burns and scars that will take so long to heal but with the newest omnicrisis its reopening the oldest of wounds, the ones that people like to forget. Wildfires take so long to put out,the way I see it is that the omnicrisis is the fire and peace is the water but its never enough to put it out all the way." After my rant Angela was crying. I blinked a few times. " You are do wise Y/n I don't think you really known that but what you just said makes me think differently." She hugged me tightly.

" Never change, your words are your greatest weapon you must use them."