{Cold}

Some people under go intense pain whether it be emotion or physical. Y/n was some such a person who dwelled on the pain of the past making her bitter and as cold as the winter. Yet one boy would stop at nothing to gain her affection and attention. "Say Y/n do you have time today." She and her brother were sparing with wooden staffs. Y/n was winning.

"Depends." She answered quickly and briefly knocking her twin to the floor with a bloody nose. She tended to her brothers wounds while Genji worked on gaining some more confidence. Though he had an assortment of lovers ovet the past year Y/n was always different from the other girls. She was brave, strong , caring, cold, calculating, and beautiful. The others could compare to her. She was simply one of a kind.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out some time." He asked smoothly and confidently. She wasn't some whore he could get at the snap of his fingers, he had to work for her attention. Y/n glanced at him the breeze ruffling her short hair that was such a length due to tradition of clan. It stated that all female apprentices should be treated no less than a man but are expected to appear and act like one.

She upheld that tradition with out a second thought. Her brother stalked off to go get his wound properly fixed and Y/n picked up his staff tossing it to Genji. "You are the son of a grandmaster. You must act like one." She scolded as she tripped him effortlessly. Genji had been slacking and the  elders asked her to make an example of him. "You haven't been practicing! How are you supposed to defend us when you are slacking?" He sighed getting up and continuing the fight again. She was making several true points that he knew she could back up. Yet even so,why would his childhood friend turn on him now?

He hit the sand with a grunt the air knocked out of his lungs. When did Y/n get so strong? When they were younger she would always have a hand out ready for him to taken when she downed him. Yet things change with time and this was no different. "This is your final warning Genji Shimada. Remember it well." They had been friends for so long yet he couldn't  remember when she got so cold.

{Written by Alex}