chapter 3

ELLANY'S POV

Michonne, Hershel, Flynn and I arrived at the group. It was awkward, because every single person was staring at my baby.

I looked at Rick, who was having a hard time coping with the whole situation. I guess it would be hard if you lost your wife to birth, then almost saw a baby die to birth. Even if you don't know the baby, it's still hard.

I cleared my throat, and everyone looked up at my face. Rick then got to business.

"Alright. Who wants to stay here?"

Beth, Carol, and Hershel rose their hands. When Rick noticed I didn't, he kept his eyes on me, "Who wants to go to Woodbury?"

The hand that wasn't holding my baby shot up. Rick groaned.

"Fine. Ellany, you can go. Beth, would you mind babysitting another child for a little while?"

Beth was about to speak, but I interrupted her. "No, I have to bring Flynn with me. It's a long story."

I looked at the people who knew the reason. Michonne, Hershel, Carol, and Daryl. That's actually kind of weird. The people that helped me through birth knew, and then Daryl knew too. He's in his own category.

"If she cries, you have to get her quiet ASAP. And I'm dead serious."

Rick had the most serious look on his face, and I smiled, knowing I had just won the argument.

*

We pulled into a place in the woods, not far from Woodbury. We had our important stuff buried not far from us.

"Okay... Michonne, Ellany, one of you are gonna have to show us the way." Rick said, leading us out of the woods.

"There's a back entrance. No one guards it. Those dumbasses. So all you have to do is be quiet, and don't strike anyone as different." Michonne spoke, and she started walking toward the back.

Daryl furrowed his eyebrows, looking between M and I. "I thought Ellany knew the way better."

I adjusted Flynn in my arms before she started crying. Luckily, she didn't make a sound. "I do, but I'm going in a few minutes before you, to distract Phillip so you can get in."

Michonne's eyes immediately widened at the idea of myself and Phillip alone. "No way I'm letting you do that. If you talk to him alone, he'll try and keep you and his baby here."

"That's a price I'm willing to pay. I got these people into this, I'm getting them out." I began whispering then, "I'm setting Merle free too."

I looked up to the faces, specifically Rick. He looked more upset, "You don't owe us anything."

I shook my head, making sure to not move Flynn much. "You helped me with my child, and I got two of your people kidnapped."

"No, you tried to help them escape." Michonne interjected.

"I'm talking to Phillip, and if shit goes down, then I'll just do what I did every other time. Turn, breathe, and walk." I informed her, "You've seen it. Nothing's changed just because the baby's born, so this discussion is over. Andrea will be happy to see you and I, so I'm going."

I observed the faces quickly. Daryl and Rick looked confused. Before anyone could question me, I climbed through the crack in the makeshift wall.

I took in the familiar area. Everyone one was bunched up at the fighting arena, where two people fought each other, with biters added.

I turned back, and looked directly into Rick's eyes. "Wait five minutes, then go left, into that dark building. Maggie and Glenn will probably be in those rooms."