chapter 8

ELLANY'S POV

Only a few days past since Phillip's last attack. Rick told us that they planned to meet him today to discuss what was going to happen between our two groups. I wanted to go, but Rick didn't give me much of a choice, only that I had to stay here, with Carl and Judith.

I looked out through the fence as Daryl, Hershel, and Rick drove away, leaving us alone, with Glenn in charge. I sighed, turning and walking inside.

I ignored everyone and walked to my cell, and sat down on my bed. I stared at the ceiling, then randomly decided to change.

I walked to the corner of my cell and pulled a new shirt and pair of pants from my bag. I put up a sheet on the cell door, then quickly changed into my light grey muscle shirt and light jeans, with my usual black converse.

I tugged the sheet down from the cell door and placed it back on my bed. I then layed back down, and stared at the ceiling, thinking.

What would Phillip want to meet for? I only imagine him wanting them all dead, so he could kill me last, and make me suffer.

I was truly worried, deeply worried, for Rick. If anything went wrong, he'd die first. Other than Merle, Rick is the only thing standing in his way from taking me back, except for me of course.

Phillip had my baby, he took my friend, he nearly killed Rick. When Phillip dies, I WILL be the one holding the gun.

And that is staying that way.

RICK'S POV

We arrived at the meeting spot, some old rusted up office like place. When we pulled in, we saw a car there already.

We spilled out of the car, and I stood there, while Daryl and Hershel went in two different directions.

Only seconds later, another large vehicle showed up, and a guy with glasses got out. He walked over to Hershel as a blonde girl got out, Andrea.

She looked at me, before entering the building. I was about to follow, but a familiar hispanic man exited the truck next.

Martinez.

He looked extremely guilty. And he should. He's lucky that I don't kill him for helping The Governor steal a newborn.

I glared at him, about to run at him, but Daryl put his arm out in front of me. I groaned, and turned. I entered the building.

I came face to face with The Governor. He smiled an evil grin. "Have a seat."

I did as he requested, and sat across from him. We turned to Andrea, and she took the hint and left.

"You know what I want." He muttered to me.

I shook my head, "What? The prison? It's not happening."

He chuckled for some reason. "No, Rick. That's not what I want at all. I thought you were smarter than that."

I looked down at the steel table in front of me. "No, I know exactly what you want."

"I'll give you anything you want, I need her back." He whispered, looking off into the distance.

"What? So you can rape her again, then send her into depression, make her force herself to leave, and then have a baby, only for you to come and steal it, again? No deal."

He looked directly at ne after the words left my mouth. "Soon enough, you won't have much of a choice."

I immediately stood, walking toward him. "And what does that mean? You're gonna steal her too? I'll be damned if I let that happen. You aren't fucking anything else up in our lives."