The Truth Hurts

A/N: Hey guys! Hope you enjoy this chapter! I know in my last authors note for Being Adopted, I said, if I didn't get 5-10 comments, I wouldn't do this book, but you can ask secretninja1234 I was trying really hard not to spill this whole plot out to her so I just had to write it! 😂💕
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Alyssa's POV:

Opening the top drawer, the purple colored tab wasn't that hard to find so I went straight to that and instead of finding one, I found two sheets of blue paper. I look at one of them and it said "L.A. Tax Office Application", I looked at the other sheet and it read, "California State, Birth Verification Certificate", I looked down a little and it had a column with my full name printed in it.

Down further, read two names under, Mother and Father of child. I looked into the columns and my heart literally shattered into millions of pieces.

Mother: Angelina Jolie

Father: Johny Lee Miller

A tear made its way down my cheek as I read the two names, my whole life is a lie, I thought to myself, I stomped out of the room and into the living room as anger ran through every vein in my body.

My mom turned her head and looked down to see what was in my hand. Her face dropped and she stood from her chair. "A-Alyssa", she stuttered, I back away from her as she walked toward me. "L-let me explain", she said, her voice cracking. "No, don't say anything to me!" I yell, turning away and running upstairs, into my room, slamming the door.

I stood with my back against the door until I felt my knees become weak and I slowly slid down it, soon reaching the floor. I covered my face with my hands and cried, that's all I felt I could do now in this situation. I looked at the paper and read it over and over again, making sure I'm not hallucinating or seeing things.
The two names rung in my head like a loud church bell, that wouldn't stop.

Angelina Jolie, Johny Lee Miller, over and over and over again. Repeating like a broken record, almost like my now broken heart.

I hear footsteps reach my door followed soon after by a soft knock. "Go away!", I say, crying even harder. "A-Alyssa please let me explain", she says, twisting the doorknob. "No, I don't want to talk to anyone", I say, my voice cracking, "A-Alyssa, it wasn't your fault", she says, I stop crying and stand from the ground.

I slowly open the door to see her standing there with tears running down her face. "W-what do you mean it wasn't my fault?", I ask, she walks into my room and closes the door behind her. "Come sit down", she sits down on my bed and gestures for me to do the same.

Sitting down, she takes my hand in hers. "What you saw on that paper, is true", she says, I look down and let go of her hand. "Why would she just leave me?", I ask, tears streaming down my already sticky-from-crying earlier face. "She was 20 when she had you, and she wasn't ready to raise a kid, she just couldn't", she says, for some reason, I was feeling guilty. Like it was all my fault, when it isn't, it's all hers.

"Oh yeah I'm sure a Hollywood actress isn't stable enough to raise her own child", I say sarcastically. "Alyssa, her current husband, Johny Lee Miller, didn't want her to have you", she spoke, her words only making my anger level rise even higher.

I wipe the stray tears away from my face as Helen stood from the bed. "Where is she?", I ask, my voice slowly going away from all the crying I've done I the past ten minutes.