Congrats!..Kinda

"Open it", she insists, I slowly start tearing the top of the white envelope until it's open enough to get the paper out.
I slip the thin paper out of the envelope and it reads:

Congratulations Ms.Alyssa! I'm more than happy to tell you that you've been accepted as an official model for Saint Laurent! Your first scheduled photoshoot will be this Saturday at 1:00pm at the L.A. Models Agency in Los Angeles. We all welcome you now as our newest model!

Love,

Hedi Slimane

I'm speechless after reading it. All I could do was silently scream in my head. I can't believe I was actually accepted! "Oh my god," I whisper, Angie was smiling while looking at me.

"Congrats!" she quietly exclaims, I whisper a faint thanks as it then got awkward. I almost forgot the huge fight we had before I went home. As I kept thinking about it the emotions flooded back in.

"How is Helen?" "She's fine," I quickly say after her, "Listen Angie I know you think this was going to make me forget about what happened, but it doesn't," "how did you know I even auditioned for this anyway?" Her face straightens, "H-Helen told me the day you auditioned, Alyssa I really need to talk to you," she seems nervous as she speaks, before I could reply, Dean walks up behind me and says, "U-um, could I speak to you Alyssa?", he asks and looks at me, I look at him with furrowed eyebrows and say, "Sure", we walk inside the room and over by the bed.

"Alyssa, why is she here?", he asks, I look at the door and Angie was smiling at a nurse that walked past her in the hallway.

"She needed to meet me", I say, he squints his eyes and says, "For what", I roll my eyes, "Why does it matter?", his eyes go wide and he clenches his jaw.

"It matters because I'm your father and I asked you a damn question now why did she have to meet you?" I look at him and cross my arms.

"You're not my father, and Helen isn't my mother, Angie and Johnny are", "You've known that for sixteen years and neither of you have even thought about telling me!" my tone rising as I spoke.

He seems taken aback by my words, "You'll never be my father, you never were", I turn on my heels and headed for the door. "So that's it? You're just gonna leave me here to watch my wife die?" I stop and turn around, "Dean we all knew this was going to happen, and don't all of a sudden call her your wife now that you realize you need her more than your stupid "neighbor" Stacey", he seems surprised that I brought up Stacey, but I didn't care how he felt.

Every time I went to his apartment we would somehow always end up walking out at the exact same time she did. She would always be overly flirtatious with him just for what comes out of it...more like what comes out of him... She stayed two doors down from him and somehow was too lazy to go back to her place after their "erotic nights" together.

I've had this grudge on him since the night I came home after a photoshoot to find him and Stacey both naked on the couch out of all places. I swear I still haven't sat on that thing.

"Alyssa don't go there," he basically growls through his clenched jaw. I roll my eyes and head for the door. "Whatever," "You know I could end your entire modeling career before it even starts," I turn to him at his words. "You can't do that, I got accepted on my own," he smirks as his eyes slightly darken. "I didn't need your help or your money." his smirk fades as he looks behind me.

"Well if you don't need me you're welcome to leave," his words somewhat shocked me. I actually wanted to stay just in case Hellen...didn't make it. "D-Dean I'm not leaving Helen," his face straightens, "Well if you stay she has to go," his eyes move from mine to behind me again. Suddenly, one of Helen's arm slightly moves on the bed.