The Key and The Cage

I don't understand... Was I a monster this whole time? It seems like Pan's voice is gone for now at least. I don't know how much more of this I can take...

Back in Storybrooke, Emma and the rest were desperately trying to find a way to Neverland. They eventually were able to gain the aid of Hook after long negotiations. Their task was set in front of them: to find Henry and Lily and take them back home. Henry was now initiated into being a lost boy and slowly forgot all about his task at hand. Due to the island's memory loss qualities, it was easy to make people's memories hazy about their loved ones.

"Henry, do you want to go on the hunt this afternoon? It would be your first time going after intruders," Asked Sam the lost boy

"No, I think I'll pass today, I've still got these squirrels to skin, I'll catch up with you later." Henry replied. He'd been on the island for a month already and had mostly forgotten about Lily and Storybrooke altogether. Instead of heading to school, he was catching and skinning squirrels. By the end of the first month, Henry was a regular lost boy. It was on the third day of the second month on the island that this would change.

Henry walked farther than usual into the forest to catch squirrels that day. He'd eventually wandered into a clearing that was the farthest away from the camp than he'd ever been before. Henry was feeling adventurous that day so he decided to wander further and further until he couldn't even see the fence surrounding the camp any longer. Now Henry was a lost boy, lost in the forests of Neverland.

Each way looked the same, he couldn't even tell where he came from. Henry knew that he couldn't just stay in one place, so he just kept walking.

Henry grew tired after walking for what seemed like days until suddenly off in the distance he heard a scream, a very familiar one at that. Henry was compelled to run toward the scream even though all of his instincts were telling him to avoid it. He couldn't fight this compulsion any longer and began to sprint toward the piercing scream. Tiny twigs cut his face and thorns punctured his legs but he wasn't phased, he needed to know who was screaming and why.

Henry came upon a large cage in a clearing made of old metal bars. Within the cage was a girl with white hair clutching her head and screaming, the image seemed almost like deja Vu to Henry, where had he seen her before? Then it hit him; all of Henry's memories of Lily and Storybrooke came flooding back.

"Lily! Lily can you hear me?" Henry yelled into the cage. Henry reached out to touch the cage and was knocked back a few feet. "This cage must be causing her nightmares" Henry looked around to see if there were any weapons or objects around to help him open the cage, but there were none.

He looked all around the exterior of the cage, behind trees and rocks. Nothing seemed useful to open it and stop Lily's pain. Henry then glanced inside the cage and saw a tiny bronze key and a lock on the inside. All Lily needed to do was to snap out of it and free herself.

"Lily can you hear me?" Henry screamed over and over.

I heard something. It sounded like Henry.

"Lily grab the key in front of you!"

Key? What key? Maybe if I reach out like this...

Inside her mind she reached out and grabbed a key. The key started to levitate in the air.

"Lily heard me!" Henry's face lit up, if she could hear him she could very well escape. "Lily," He yelled. "Now put the key in the lock to your right!"

I don't see a lock, but I trust you Henry!

Lily reached out and tried to find a lock within the void of nothingness ahead of her. She glided the key across the metal bars for awhile but she eventually was able to float the key into the lock.