Chapter Two

Could Felix be behind all of this? All sorts of questions about Felix roll in my head. Now I'm the only person in Squad 13 uncaptured. I reach the tunnel that leads to the playground. Then I remember the task Felix gave me before the attack. If I come back to Donald's Dreamland, General Linda will start questioning me and I might suffer a terrible fate. I turn my back on the tunnel. I can't go in, or I'd risk my life.

In fact, no playground is my ally. I'm alone in this world, with no one to trust anymore, maybe not even myself. I don't know what to do with my life anymore. I might as well turn in myself into Flippy, if that's what he wants. Suddenly in the distance, I see a cloud of smoke the color of dip (really bright green). I try to keep myself calm, but there's a voice inside my head saying I should go see it. Curiosity did kill the cat, specifically, Professor Pete.

A little before the war began, Flippy went to Pete for some help on his anger. Pete was a good friend of Flippy's. When Pete went to check on Flippy, he went there at the wrong place at the wrong time. Pete told Flippy to calm down, that Flippy will still win the election over Mickey Mouse. Flippy didn't listen to Pete and quickly grabbed the squirt gun, full of dip, and aimed at Pete.

"Weapons don't solve your problems, Flippy. It only makes matters worse. You can squirt me with the gun all you want. Let all your anger out on me instead of the toons of the world. Anyways, I could use some water," Pete said to Flippy.

"Very well then," Flippy said to Pete. Then, he pulled the trigger. Professor Pete faded away.

"Good job, Flippy. Take out the anger on me. Not the people," Pete said quietly. It was only a matter of time before Pete found out the squirted "water" was dip.

"Me, not the toons," was Professor Pete's last words, or so that's what people say. Soon, Flippy started to panic. He killed his best friend. Flippy was not only scared of the dip, but even himself. He had become a monster, a killing machine. Flippy started sobbing, but he remembered what the Professor had told him.

"Arrrrgh! If I don't show the toons whose boss, I will be out of office. The only way to make sure I get elected again is to kill Mr. Mouse, if it comes to that point where I have to do so," Flippy talked to himself. "After all," Flippy said, "it was his wish to die."

And so, in a matter of weeks, Flippy made the first attack and started the war between the playgrounds of Toontown.

That was 4 years ago; I don't know if the legend is true, but this is the version I have been told. There are many other versions of the story, where Professor Pete actually kills himself with dip, or where he moved to the outskirts of Toontown. What should I believe?

I decide to go see what the brightly colored smoke was. As I expected it, it was dip. Only, the dip was in a HUGE bucket. Then I see the Ranger, the same one who choked me. He had an evil grin. The bucket of dip was suddenly dumped onto the streets of Lullaby Lane. The animated trash cans, fire hydrants, and mailboxes quickly melted to death after the dip touched them. This is the first major attack we have had in two years. Toontown Central doesn't really bother with Donald's Dreamland, since the two playgrounds aren't even close to each other. Flippy really wants to get rid of this playground so bad. Why is he doing it now though?

Suddenly, I hear an extremely loud bang, like a bomb or something. I look at the tunnel leading to Tenor Terrace. Someone planted a bomb. But why in Tenor Terrace? Minnie's Melodyland is already destroyed, there's no point. Then smoke filled the sky. I see the Ranger putting on a gas mask. I'm so confused, yet again. My forehead is bleeding, which doesn't surprise me after all I have been through.

As soon as I think it's over, I find myself to be wrong. I hear another bang, this time even louder. It pops my ears. I can't hear anything. I see a muffin-shaped cloud of smoke rising in the sky. The rubble of buildings start to scatter everywhere. I can't think of anything to do. Fire is everywhere. Lullaby Lane is destroyed, completely. "My life is over," I think. And then, I faint.

"Breaking News straight from Toontown! It appears that Mickey has destroyed Minnie's Melodyland, killing more than 600 toons. He says that he did it under Flippy's Command. Back to you, Bob," said Reporter Mike.

"Thank you Mike. Here I am standing in front of Toon Hall with thousands of other toons protesting. Oh look, here Flippy comes out now. Flippy, why did you--- OH MY GOD!!! He has a gun!!! Help me---"Bob panicked.

"Wake up, Oswald," said Mike.

"Are you talking to me? But you're.."

"Yeah I'm in a TV, but I'm talking to you. Wake up. Seriously, I don't have all day. Wake up."

"I am awake...."

"You're actually dreaming. Now wake up."

"Huh?"

I open my eyes, only to see a chubby sea green duck toon looking at me. "GUYS! HE'S AWAKE!" the sea green duck yells. Then a bunch of other toons come running at me.

"My bag. Where is my bag?" I say, confused.

"Oh, you mean this old rag? Yeah, um, it got ripped during the bomb. You were there during the bombing, right?" a cat replies. She had light pink fur that matched her outfit and is the same size of the duck: short.

"Um, yeah, I guess," I reply back. Then, a dog comes up to me. He looks tall and buff. His brown fur reflects the light of the ceiling fan.

"We found you lying in the street. We thought, I mean they thought you were dead, but we decided to keep you here in case you actually did awake. We are staying in this building for the night, and then were moving onto Acorn Acres," he tells me. I could tell I'm in a Melodyland building. Then he continues.

"Would you like to join us, mouse?" he asks. The toons all look at me.

"Well you see, I was going to look for my friends. They just got captured by the Rangers. I bet..." I say. I leave out the part where I think they are looking for me.

They all stare at me in shock, like I have been shot by a bullet or something.

"You know that you're never gonna see them again, right? Anyone taken by the Rangers are never seen again," a smirking blue monkey snickers. He looked a little taller than the cat.

"Well, I could try to find them. I'm heading for Toontown Central. They must be there," I tell them, not willing to accept the truth.

Then they huddle together and start a conversation. They finally make their decision and turn to look at me. Well at least everyone but the blue monkey turn to me.

"Come with us. We are going to cross the border to the outskirts of Toontown. We might find a new and better place there," the cat says with a hint of hope in her voice.

"I'm sorry guys. I need to find my friends...." I say.

"They are dead already," the now aggravated monkey tells me.

"SHUT UP!" I say without thinking.

"Why don't you shut up instead mouse? Let's leave him to die out here," he replies to the others.

My face turns red because of what he just said. A moment ago I'm staring at him with anger, and now I suddenly find myself attempting to strangle his neck. There was yelling everywhere. Then it all stops when we hear a gun fire.