Acknowledgements

Wow. Oh my gosh. Guys, I'm actually speechless. This whole story started out as a very small game me and my sister played in the summer of 2013 in the pool, yes in the pool. I pretended to be my toon Oswald and we would use water guns and pretend we were fighting for our own playgrounds. 

It sounds very dumb and silly but when I got out of the pool, I immediately went to my computer and typed up the prologue before I could forget anything. That was 4 years ago and to see the completion of the first book of The Playground Wars makes me really happy inside.

I really want to thank everyone who helped me along the long course of 4 years. Thank you to Cuddles for being such an amazing friend in the old Toontown Online and Rewritten and providing me with so many memories in game to make me laugh. I really miss you and if you do manage to read this whether it's in a year or four, I hope it'll bring back fond memories. Thank you so much.

Thank you so much to Ellen. Ellen, you've been such a great friend from the beginning. Thank you for dealing with my constant lag and late replies (sorry by the way :P), but also for giving me the motivation to finish the first part in Oswald's story. I'm so grateful to have you as a friend, even in 2017 where it's been 3 years since the closing of Toontown Online. Everyone if you can, check out her story, called Cogs here on Wattpad. Again, thank you Ellen for everything!

Very special thanks to Joey. Thank you for being there since the story's very early phases and being willing to read and help me improve this story. I will never forget the time in Mr. Christensen's homeroom class when I took out my notebook that had story notes in it and how we would talk about it on and on. I hope you enjoyed this first book and any more to come. All in all, thank you for being a best friend :)

Conrad, Violet, Gary Dawg, and everyone else who I was friends with in Toontown Online, I hope you enjoy this story. As sad as some parts may be, I hope it takes you back 4 years ago, to the old Toontown Online and the endless summers spent on the game, throwing infinite amounts of pie and having fun.

It sounds really cheesy, but that's the beauty I see in Toontown. Everyone's life goes on, and we all grow up, and move onto other things and the hardships of life comes tumbling at us in full speed. But in our hearts, there will always be those memories spent in Toontown. For me, it's where I spent my old summers. 

We all might have lost communication to those special friends you had fun with in Toontown, but my hope is that we all can come and unite and read stories that lets us go back to that world and relive our wild side.

Again, thank you everyone for reading (and going through this really cheesy part, haha) :)

Stay tooned for a sneak peek to the second installment in The Playground Wars series, The Playground Wars: Defiance.