Epilogue

The ashes rise like a never ending storm. The explosion replays in my mind, over and over. In my head the continuous replay of a destruction of an era, the true end of prosperity. No longer exists what we used to call home, unless one takes into consideration what the aftermath looks like.

I can only imagine the toons who didn't make it out, who didn't even see such an event coming. Difficulty to feel what someone's brain processes when you know for certain that it's your time. Just seeing your home destroyed right in front of you, destroyed by the same toons and ancestors of toons who built it. The realization hits me like a bullet.

What's left of a war when there's no land to fight on? It seems to me that without ground then there's nothing left to fight over. This just adds to the high number of toons in the list of deaths, if anyone is keeping such a list that is.

Crackers. As I look out the window of the airship, Chloe sitting in shock by my side, I can barely form his name with my lips, all bloody and chapped from Toon Hall.

Gary has set the course for Acorn Acres. But where is Acorn Acres when it's just been completely destroyed?

I look out the window. We're flying over the ocean, something I've never really saw in person before. There, I see an island, all green and surrounded by mountains. 

"We've reached home," Gary says. "Acorn Acres."

I continue looking out at the ocean, an endless wash of blue, not knowing where my mind or my heart is headed. A single tear rolls down my cheek, followed by two or three more. Crackers... Toontown...

I wipe the tears off, and I raise my head high, having to keep strong. Whatever happens next, I could only hope to be ready. 

END OF BOOK ONE