01 ➵ Tumnus' cave

Silveena

"Mother! Let him go! He's hasn't done anything wrong!" I spoke out as my mother, Jadis, was about to make a harmless centaur turn into a statue. She does that with a staff that has the power from a rare crystal that turns anything living into statue. Stone. Rock. Solid. And she does it because she can.

"Silveena, how many times do I have to tell you not to disrupt me?! It's not your duty to tell me what to do." She scolds me, and with that, she turns the centaur into statue. I gulp and close my eyes. This is too much. I can't keep watching stuff like this. I run to my room and shut the door to make it clear that I want my space.

I hate how my mother thinks it's okay to turn anyone into statue. It's like she sees them walking 30 feet away from her and it's like a big problem to her, so she turns them into statue.

I sit down on the corner of my bed. I felt the white, soft, furred sheet and sighed.

"Is everything ok, Silvie?" I jumped in fright of the voice. It's Misha, my little pup. It's Maugrim's son, but he doesn't have the time to look after him, so I took him. Misha is about 2 months old and just about the cutest thing ever.

Before Misha came along, I was good friends with Maugrim. He wasn't the nicest, but he was funny and useful at my hard times. He was.

"Yea, everything's alright." I say, but honestly, it actually isn't. Misha comes running towards me in a very cute way. I had to smile at it because his running isn't the best, but it was adorable. I love how his ears flap on each bounce. Misha has reached to my feet and I decide to pick him up and put him on my bed. He digs his head on the fur and sneezed since it tickled him.

"Can we go for a walk Silvie, please? Please, please, please!?" He begs. I could never say no to him. I look down at Misha as he is breathing with his tongue out and his head tilt. That look, that look I could definitely not say no to.

"Fine, lets go."

Misha is running in the snow leaving little paw prints behind him. I decide to give a slight blow so that a bit of snow could fall above for him to play with a little.

Misha is now running forwards. I just slowly walk behind him as I was looking down at my staff. It is a white staff with a light shade of grey type of blade on top of it. It also has 2 white owl feathers that I wrapped around the staff with white string to give it a nice decor. My mother gave it to me as a weapon to defend myself. It didn't have any powers or anything, It's just a staff.

But my crown on the other hand, it has a rare diamond on the center of the crown that has the shield to protect me from any harm. My staff.... It's like a 'just in case' thing. I only have it when I go out. Any cut or bruise or anything that includes my body getting hurt, it quickly heals under a second. It doesn't hurt, nothing does. The diamond makes the harmed area numb so I don't feel it.

"Silvie! Silvie! There are Narnians like you walking over there!" I hear Misha say. I have a confused look on my face knowing that there's 'Narnians like me' walking around. Everyone in Narnia are creatures. The closest thing to look like me is my mother and the dwarfs.

"What are you talking about?" I ask confused as I look down at him.

"Two females and two males." He says. I'm still confused since I really don't believe him, but I have decided to still have a look at what he's talking about.

I walk to wear Misha has walked a minute ago and see what he is talking about. 2 sons of Adam and 2 daughters of Eve walking on Narnia's ground. Impossible.

I don't know if I should talk to them or run back to the castle to tell my mother. Mother would be furious if I kept this from her. Yet again, I'm the one who's furious with her. But also, the journey back is long. These long walks are the only things that keep me sane.

"Don't say anything, okay? They don't know about talking animals because in their dimension, they don't have that. Now, in my saddle you go." I say in a quick whisper. I kneel down and open my white saddle. Misha jumps in as he makes himself comfortable. I stand up and slowly walk behind them, trying not to make any sound.

They all end up to Tumnus' cave. It's a princess' duty to know everyone in their kingdom and where they live. Tumnus is a good friend of mine. He's nice and humble and a big stutterer. I don't mind that, he's always a great person to be around with.

Sadly, his door has been broken down. I don't go in his house knowing that everything in there is shattered. My guess is that my mother, her pet dwarf, and Maugrim did this. There's no doubt they didn't.

Minutes pass since the human children walked in Tumnus' cave. I watch as they stop their tracks as they hear a robin 'psst' at them. It stops and looks at me. I put my finger upon my lips signaling him to not say anything. It nods and flew away.

"Did that bird just 'psst' at us?" The tall female asks. She is beautiful. She has pale skin and dark hair. All four of them walk out and stop their tracks once they see me. Now, I've got to prepare myself for my grand speech.

"Hello, children of Adam and Eve." I say and bow down to them knowing that they are royalty from the prophecy which I respect.

"Um, who are you?" The tall blonde boy asks. He is attractive. Very, actually. Maybe I'm just saying that because there's literally no one like him in Narnia, but he really does catch my eye.

"I'm Silveena, princess of Narnia..... Supposedly." I had to mumble the last part. I'm not really the princess of Narnia. My mother is not really the queen of Narnia. I've heard Narnians call her the white witch. I couldn't agree more. My mother just took over Narnia with the help of her staff. She used it on anyone or anything that gets in her way. With that, she's made Narnia forever winter, and she ruled.

"M-Mr. Tumnus told me about you." The little girl says. I smile at the fact that Tumnus has spoken about me, hopefully good things, but then I frown knowing that he's probably told her about my mother too.

"He's a great faun... Well, was since my mother has probably captured him." I say in a saddening voice as I look down thinking of my mother's horrible actions.

"She has." The little girl says.

After that, a twig snaps and we all hear movement. I snap my head around to see what's doing such. Anything can come out of these woods, and my fear is it being my mother along with whatever backup she brings. It never ends easy.