07 ➵ disappointed

Silveena

We now have come across a frozen waterfall. Well.... Not so frozen for too long. The ice was breaking and floating off. It's melting.

We stopped on top of a stack of rocks that were covered in snow. I looked down at the breaking ice and knew that it was breaking rather quickly.

"We need to cross now!" Peter said also noticing the ice breaking fast.

"Don't beavers make dams?" Lucy asked.

"I'm not that fast, dear!" Mr. Beaver said. You can tell that there was worry and rush in his voice. We all are worried because my mother and her pet wolves could be catching up any minute.

"Wait, just think about this for a minute?" Susan said making us all turn to her.

"We don't have a minute!" Peter told her.

"Susan, we have to move! They're going to catch up!" I told her, defending Peter because he's right, we don't have time.

"I'm just trying to be realistic." She said as she calmed her voice.

"No, you're trying to be smart..... As usual." Peter shot back at her. She didn't say anything after that.

We then climbed down some steps down the rocks and ended up on the edge of the ice. Peter took a step forward and the ice starts to break. He pulled his foot back and grabs onto me.

"Wait, maybe I should go first." Mr. Beaver insisted.

"Maybe you should." Peter agreed.

Mr. Beaver goes walking to the ice and begins on tapping his tail on it a couple times.

"You've been sneaking helpings haven't you?!" Mrs. Beaver asked with concern.

"Well, you never know what meal is gonna be your last, especially with your cooking." Mr. Beaver joked. I don't see how he can still joke around in a situation like this. I'm like sacred for my life right now.

As Mr. Beaver keeps tapping his tail, we all turn walked behind him slowly, making sure that we don't break the ice.

"If mum knew what we were doing....." Susan trailed off.

"Mum's not here!" Peter said sounding impatient. We looked up to see footsteps running and pieces of ice falling. It's the wolves. They're here.

"Oh no!" Lucy cried.

"Run!" Peter said and grabbed my arm.

We were going to turn back but a wolf leaps in front of us. I looked behind me and saw another wolf grab Mr. Beaver down.

"Let him go!" I yelled at the wolf that was holding Mr. Beaver down.

"Oh, Silveena, how angry your mother is with you." I heard Maugrim say as he leaps in front of the wolf holding Mr. Beaver. Peter then let's go of me and draws out his sword.

"No!" Mr. Beaver cries extending his arm.

"Put that down, boy. Someone could get hurt." Maugrim teases at Peter.