03 ➵ prophecy

Silveena

"Who's Aslan?" Edmund asks.

"'Who's Aslan?'" Mr beaver repeats as he begins laughing. Of course he blames him for not knowing. But I do wish Mr. Beaver didn't mock him for it. "You cheeky little blighter!" Mr. Beaver continues through his laughter. He then stops when Mrs. Beaver starts nudging his arm. "You don't know, do you?" Mr. Beaver changes his tone as he stares at the four siblings.

"Well, we haven't exactly been here very long." Peter points out.

"He's only the king of the whole wood, the top geezer.... The real king of Narnia!" Mr. Beaver exclaims. The real king of Narnia... it's quite sad thinking about it. I'm noting to this world while my mother exploits our royalness. But I can't think ill of Aslan. I'm sure he's a great king that can help up regain our peace.

"He's been away for a long while." Mrs. Beaver says.

"Because of my mother, of course." I add as I put a strand of hair behind my ear. I've always believed that Aslan was the true ruler of Narnia, yes, but I could never infuse that. My mother would kill anyone who'd believe in him. Luckily, she hasn't done anything to me since I never mention Aslan. I knew the punishment it came after it, I've always been afraid.

"Well... Yes, but he just got back! And he's waiting for you near the stone table!" Mr. Beaver says eagerly. I have heard that he is resting in some place... But never heard it was near the stone table. I hope that information isn't leaked to her.

"He's waiting for us?" Lucy asks.

"You're blooming joking! They don't even know about the prophecy." He says. I chuckle a little as he mentions the prophecy which sometimes I believe isn't real. But today, today seems real. If today didn't happen, would the prophecy still exist?

"Like Peter said, they haven't been here for long." I start off. "The prophecy is ancient. Most don't even believe in it anymore."

"Well, then..." Mrs. Beaver trails off.

"Don't you see!? Look, Aslan's return, Tumnus' arrest, the secret police, the witch's daughter right here beside you... It's all happening because of you!" Mr. Beaver says as he faces looks over the four Pevensies'.

"You're blaming us?" Susan asks.

"No, not blaming. Thanking you."

"There's.... a prophecy: 'when Adam's flesh and Adam's bone sits in Cair Paravel in throne, the evil time will be over and done.'" Mr. Beaver says. I've read a couple stories of the prophecy. All of them are the same. And with the Pevensies standing in front of me, this prophecy should lead out like how it's supposed to. Maybe it is quite true.

"You know, that doesn't really rhyme." Susan sasses. It's a prophecy, not a poem.

"I know, but you're kind of missing the point!" Mr. Beaver says in a harsh whisper. "It has long been foretold that two sons of Adam and two daughters of Eve will come allies with the witch's daughter and defeat the white witch and restore peace to Narnia." Mr. Beaver says. I'm surprised that I'm in the prophecy. That's one reason why I've had a slight belief that Aslan was real, but the prophecy, not so much. It always seemed unreal, at least until today.

The Pevensies look at one another confused.

"And you think we're the ones?" Peter asks.

"It's not everyday you come across two sons of Adam and two daughters of Eve here in Narnia, Peter." I say. He looks over at me. I adjust my breathing and we stare at just one another. He's not saying anything back to what I had to say. But it's true, humans, such as them, don't ever come to Narnia. And I believe now that it's because of the imprinted words of the prophecy. I guess it's more like fate.

"Exactly, no humans ever come to Narnia. And if it's you to come, then this is destiny. Plus, you already have help! Aslan's already fitting out your army!" Mr. Beaver continues to exclaim. He seems eager about the whole prophecy and the Pevensies' being here. I would too. This is our only chance.

"Our army?" Lucy questions.

"Mum sent us away so we wouldn't be caught up in the war." Susan said. She's probably talking about her mother in her world. I hope their mother isn't like my mother. I envy how they had a mother to even protect them from war, unlike mine.

"I think you've made a mistake. We're not heroes!" Peter says.

"We're from Fenchly!" Susan points out her home town. The Beavers than look at each other not knowing what they're talking about. I understand everything perfectly. But not this Fenchly place. I have no idea where that is, nor have I ever heard of it. They just don't know how much then mean to this world and the drastic change they can bring. "Thank you for your hospitality, but we really have to go." Susan then starts reading herself to leave.

"You can't just leave!" Mr. Beaver yells.

"We need your help, Susan." I stand as I look straight into her blue eyes. They look exactly like Peter's.

"Yes, Susan. We have to help Mr. Tumnus." Lucy jumps in. She really cares for the faun. I'm glad she does. Her meet with Mr. Tumnus is the reason why they're here.

"It's out of our hands. I'm sorry but it's time the four of us were getting home. Ed?" Peter says making me sigh in triumph. He then turns around to look for Edmund. But... There's no Edmund to be seen.

"Ed?" He continues to call out. He turns to us with an angry expression. "I'm going to kill him." I stand up and walk over their direction. Where could have he gone? And how long has he been gone? Where would he even go? I look over at an anxious Peter. I lift my hand to try and soothe him, but then drop my hand as it would probably make things awkward.

"You may not have to..... Has Edmund ever been in Narnia before?" Mr. Beaver asks. We all look at each other and then seem to stare down at Lucy.

"Lucy? Didn't you say that Edmund went in Narnia before?" Susan asks. So Edmund has been in Narnia before. No wonder my mother is sending police everywhere in Narnia. I just didn't know the reason why. I guess now do.
— it was to look for Edmund and Lucy.

"Yes, he has. He never told me what he was doing here, though." She says.

"He must've come across the white witch." Mr. Beaver says. We all looked at each other with suspense. What has he done?