04 ➵ lost puppy

Silveena

We all rush outside the dam and quickly notice small footprints. They lead upwards and we figure that it's Edmund's. I mean, it's going a direction that we haven't been and he seems to be the only one missing.

We follow the footprints that I can confirm leads to the my home, the ice castle. I'm pretty sure my mother is in there this very second.

"Edmund!" Lucy yells. I quickly wave my arms arounds and shake my head as Mr. Beaver and I shush her. Must she be so loud!?

"They'll hear ya!" Mr. Beaver whispers harshly. Peter then starts running towards the castle, but Mr. Beaver holds him back. He must be bloody joking to walk right in there and walk out freely.

"No!" Mr. Beaver says and continues to try and hold him back.

"Get off me!" Peter yells at Mr. Beaver and attempts to shake him off.

"Peter, are you insane?! You can't just go in!" I harshly whisper. He looks at me with a mixture of anger and confusion.

"You're playing into her hands!" Mr. Beaver says.

"We can't just let him go!" Susan argues.

"He's our brother!" Lucy argues too.

"He's the bait! The witch wants all four of you!" Mr. Beaver clarifies.

I feel for the Pevensies', I do. But it would be pretty stupid to even attempt to go in. There are guards all around waiting to sneak up on you. My mother so happens to like to wander around her castle. So if the guards don't catch you and she does, it'd be a worse fate.

"Why?" Peter asks.

"Were you not paying attention back in the dam, Peter?" I whisper to him. Mr. Beaver even just said that Edmund was bait for them. He definitely lacks common sense out of the four.

"To stop the prophecy from coming true! To kill ya!" Mr. Beaver says. The Pevensies' look at one another. If they were to walk in there, they'd be dead.

"This is all your fault!" Susan yells as she looks towards her brother.

"My fault?" Peter shoots back unknowing the cause of her blame.

"None of this would have happened if you had just listened to me in the first place!" Susan yells.

"Oh, so you knew this would happen?" Peter asks trying to help himself out of the blame.

"I didn't know what would happen.... Which is why we should've left while we still could!" Susan continues to yell.

"It's not like you can stop a prophecy that involves the four of you! Leave now and you wouldn't have to worry about it, you'd just cost your brother's life." I tell her in a serious manner. I've had enough of their ignorant yelling. It's not going to save Edmund. And blaming Peter for it all is unnecessary. I'm pretty sure he didn't know this would happen, neither did Edmund. I pity Edmund right now. He has no idea what he's getting himself into. He only just walked in that castle like a lost puppy walking into a slaughter house.

"How dare you tell me to leave my brother!?"

"I'm not telling you to leave him, you conceited bookworm! I'm telling you to save him!" I exclaim.