The Brothers

Hey guys, so I know I published this before but it didn't actually publish the whole thing so I re-wrote this and finished it up. Maybe give it another read :) Thanks!

_______

(A week before March 5th)

Dean Winchester was happily munching on a burger at the front seat of his 1967 Chevy Impala. His younger and taller brother, Sam Winchester, was sitting in the other front seat, right next to his brother. Sam was sipping a hot coffee and checking his phone for local hunts.

"Hey, I found a case that seems to be our kind of weird," Sam said suddenly.

"Oh cool, whaf it abaut?" Dean said, his mouth full of bits of burger. Sam looked at his brother slightly disapprovingly.

"Dude, chew first. Anyways, yeah, girl goes missing then her body is found in a dumpster.. her heart and brain missing," Sam replied.

Dean looked at Sam, confused. "So... not a vamp and not a werewolf... what is it then?" he asked, while tossing the paper that once held his burger to his back seat.

Sam shrugged. "I don't know. That's why I think we should go and investigate it," Sam said, while taking another sip from his cup of coffee.

Dean nodded while wiping his mouth with his sleeve and then started up his car. "Right. So where is this?" he asked.

"About 300 miles from here. Cedar Falls, Iowa," Sam replied, while turning off his phone.

The next 300 miles were driven in intervals of silence but with occasional discussion on other supernatural possibilities.

*

Sam and Dean came onto the scene of the crime. They were outside of a diner with a forest not too far away. The brothers looked at each other briefly before stepping up to a female officer guarding the yellow police tape and flipped open their fake but passable FBI agent IDs. The officer on the other side of the yellow police tape looked at the badges and then nodded. She lifted the tape and let the two brothers pass under. Sam and Dean smiled at the officer and tucked away their badges into their suit jackets. Another officer, this time a male officer walked up to them.

"Hello. You boys with the FBI?" he asked, looking up and the taller men.

"Yes, we are. So, any leads?" Sam inquired.

"No, not really. Glad you feds are here, we are really stumped on this one," the officer replied. "Sheriff John Cassidy by the way." Sheriff Cassidy motioned for the boys to follow him.

"I'm Agent Willis and this is my partner Agent Johnson," Dean piped in. He smiled at the sheriff. The sheriff nodded back and they entered the true crime scene.

The sight was incredibly gory. The true crime scene was the dumpster at the back of the diner. One side was a blue wall, which was now splattered red with blood and the other side was the beginning of a forest. There was a thick trail of blood and gigantic footprints, as if someone , or rather something, was dragging something else and slowly walking away. The body was half in the dumpster and body parts were everywhere. Sam gagged a little.

"Yeah I know, not the prettiest of scenes. Honestly, whoever did this is a sadistic and disgusting bastard. Jenny was such a kind soul and she didn't deserve this at all," Sheriff Cassidy sighed. He took off his hat and held it to his chest, as if to pay homage.

"You knew the victim?" Dean asked. The Sheriff nodded.

"Oh yeah. She's my niece. And between you and me, she was my favourite niece," he said, starting to tear up a bit.