In Kansas

(lordie after idk how many tests and exams, I can write again woohoo! okay be prepared for a bunch of chapters. Also slight disclaimer I am Canadian and know nothing about Lebanon Kansas whooPS)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Doctor woke up with a start. He wasn't in his body and he could tell right away because his heart almost hurt instantly. Well, the Timelord was used to two hearts so it felt like the lack of one heart hurt him. He gasped desperately for air and clutched his chest. He had opened his eyes and looked around. The Doctor... was in a car? He looked next to him and one of the American men, maybe it was Dean?, sat next to him. "Dean Winchester, is it? What am I doing here?" the Doctor said. He was appalled when he spoke. He...had an American accent. Where did his old Scottish voice go? He looked in the rearview mirror of the car they were in and gasped in surprise. His mouth hung open in complete shock.

He was not himself. He was a little bit taller. He was definitely younger. Actually he might have been Dean Winchester. The other one, the much taller, brown haired man was probably Dean's brother.. Samuel? Something of the sort. "S-sam? Is that you? What happened? Where are we? It's the Doctor.. not... Dean...," the Doctor tried. His voice sounded bizarre and very unfamiliar. It felt so foreign and almost uncomfortable. The man next to him, who had woken up at around the same time the Doctor had, looked at the Doctor, or Dean, rather strangely.

"Doctor? I'm not Sam... where... where's Sherlock?" the voice croaked in his American accent.

The Doctor looked at Sam strangely. If the man next to him wasn't Dean, or Sam, or Sherlock.. then that meant he was...

"John Watson? Is that you?" The Doctor asked the other man. The man looked at him confused and frozen before slowly nodding his head.

"I'm.. not in my... body? I feel so tall... and big. I've always wanted to know how it felt being nearly three times my size. It's bizarre... really strange," Watson said, smiling a little.

"Watson, it's me. The Doctor. I'm not Dean Winchester. It appears that the five of us were all soul swapped or something. The only problem is... we're in car and I have no idea where we are," the Doctor said to Watson. Watson's smile faded.

"Sherlock.. where's Sherlock?" Watson said, looking around. He got out of the black car and looked left and right for Sherlock. "Sherlock! Sherlock!!" he shouted into the emptiness around them. They were in the middle of nowhere. A desert-like place with dust swirling up with the occasional wind. The sky was a nice blue, indicating a clear and sunny day. They were in a sleek, shiny, retro-like black car. Watson didn't know his cars. It just looked like it was from the 60's.

The Doctor also got out of the car. He looked at the jet-black car. "Is that... a 1969 Chevvy Impala? No no... it's the 1967 model," theDoctor nodded in approval, even though he had a lack of knowledge when it came to cars in general. "We'd better take care of it," the Doctor huffed.

Watson sighed in frustration, completely ignoring the Doctor's comment on the car. "Where the bloody hell are we? What happened at that tree? Why are we in the middle of nowhere?" he demanded.

The Doctor shrugged. "I don't really know. But... considering those boys are American... and we somehow, soul swapped with them or something... then maybe we're somewhere in America," the Doctor suggested.

Watson nodded. "Yeah.. okay but where in America?" he pointed out. The Doctor's mouth hung open and then after looking around for a bit, he closed his mouth.

"I uh.. have no idea. That we must find out by driving to the nearest town from here," the Doctor concluded.

"Alright. Can you drive that? It's a stickshift," Watson said, walking slowly back to the car. His hand was on the door handle, waiting for the Doctor to answer before he got in.