Solving Cases

Sam, as Dr Watson, had made some tea as he thought it would be appropriate. He makes a cup for Dean and for Lady Winchester. He brings the two cups to the sitting room, where Dean was handing tissues to Lady Winchester. She sniffles and smiles when Sam hands her a cup of tea.

"You boys are very kind. I have heard that you're not very forgiving people but I'm glad to be proven otherwise," Lady Winchester says quietly as she sips a bit of the calming chamomile. Dean raises an eyebrow and he looked at Sam.

"We try our best, Lady," Dean replies. He gets up and sits down in the armchair. "So, what was this about a ghost? We'll hear you out, Lady Winchester. I need to hear all possibilities to solve this case," Dean says as soon as he sits down in the chair.

Lady Winchester's smile fades. "Right... the ghost. Well he, or.....it, looked very much like....oh bother. Why am I even telling you this? I swear, it can't be him!"she shouted in frustration.

Sam and Dean look at each other in confusion.

"Like who, Lady Winchester?" Sam asked.

"Please. Call me Elizabeth. Anywho, the ghost... for goodness sake's it looked like Lord Seyton!" she exclaimed.

More confusion from the two brothers.

"Lord Seyton? The famed English business man who was murdered a few months ago? He was like a brother to my husband," she sobbed, the memories of the two seemingly hard for her.

"Oh right. We remember that murder....here have some more tea," Sam tried, when her sobs were getting increasingly louder.

"So the ghost of your husband's best friend murdered your husband?" Dean asked.

"I know it sounds ridiculous and absolutely preposterous but that's what I think... no that's what I believed happened. I can't think of anything... there is simply no other explanation," Elizabeth said. She looked down and sniffled some more. "This is all just so confusing.. and the police don't believe me... hell I don't think you boys would understand either." She stands up and puts the box of tissues down. "I'm sorry... this must have been a huge waste of time. I will leave you boys to your work." She heads to the heavy oak door but Sam stops her.

"Elizabeth, Ms Winchester, please. We are more than willing to check out your house for evidence. Maybe you could tell us what happened there. We will gladly take the case," Sam said.

Elizabeth's face seemed to brighten up instantly. "You will? Oh thank you! Bless your souls!" she smiles, hugging Sam then Dean. The two look a little uncomfortable but force a smile.

"Anytime, Lady W," Dean says almost too casually. She quirks an eyebrow then winks at Dean. With a little smirk, she makes her way to leave the room. At the last moment, she twirls around and peeks out the doorframe.

"Oh by the way, the address is 1967 Kensington Palace Gardens," she says, adding yet another mischievous wink and leaves.

"1967? Winchester? What doesn't she have in common with us?" Dean mumbles to Sam. "I swear if she has a secret love of burgers or something, I'm gonna propose to this lady." The younger Winchester shrugs at first then looked at Dean weirdly.

* * *

Before the two brothers went to Elizabeth's place, they needed some hunter devices, since the whole switching thing didn't bring their Impala or any hunter weapons. They went to a department store and bought some salt, water, iron fire pokers and duffle bags. They tried to buy some pistols and shot guns but it wasn't as easy to buy guns in England as it was in America. As they were walking to the Lady Winchester's place,

"Hey Dean, I mean solving a case as Sherlock and Dr Watson is honestly a dream come true but we need to find a way back to America," Sam says, as the two walk down a street with some fancy British name (neither of them were really paying attention as to where they were going).

"Way ahead of you, Sammy. I miss good ol' America. Haven't had a burger in a day and I feel absolutely terrible," Dean says, looking around him. "Hey, do you happen to remember what street she said? I know it's 1967..." he mumbles, looking around feverishly as he lost his bearings.

"Kensington Palace Gardens. It's coming up on our right, I think. Luckily I bought a map, something you didn't bother to think of. Plus, I kinda figured we would run out of cash and the cab would drop us halfway through. We did spend most of our money on makeshift hunting stuff," Sam says, turning right onto Kensington Palace Gardens. "Besides, I feel awful taking any more money from the real Sherlock Holmes and John Watson."

They walked for a little more until they finally saw 1967 Kensington Palace Gardens. It was not a house, but an actual castle, with immense towers made of beige bricks. 

"She lives here? Yeah, I'm gonna propose to this lady," Dean chuckles. The two brothers walked up to the front gate and pressed a button on the intercom.

"Hello, who's there?" A dramatic British voice rings out on the other side. 

"Sam-" Dean starts to say. Sam kicks Dean's leg and he winces in pain. "Sorry I mean... Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watford," Dean says. Sam kicks Dean in the leg again and whispers 'Watson.' The two bicker a little bit. "I mean Dr Watson. Sherlock Holmes and Dr John Watson," Dean corrects. Sam rolls his eyes at Dean, as the younger Winchester shrugs back. 

"Ah, the detectives. Lady Winchester is expecting you both in the lounge. I shall show you the way," the voice replies. The large black front gates open wide and invites the two into an even larger area, where the asphalt driveway divides into two around a large fountain, which about three feet away from the immense mansion of the Winchesters. 

*

"Oh! Mr Holmes and Dr Watson! You came! Please sit down, sit down. Can I get you a cup of tea or anything like that?" Elizabeth exclaims as she sees the men standing around in the lounge. Sam and Dean smile at her.

"Uh we'll decline on the tea but thank you for the offer," Sam says, as both Winchesters sit on the couch. Lady Winchester smiles. "So, what exactly happened to your husband?" Sam asks Elizabeth.

"Well, Henry, Lord Hughes, was at home, battling a rather nasty cold. I was out for a dinner in memoriam of Lord Seyton's death. Henry wanted to stay home...said he was in no condition to host an important dinner. I suggested to cancel it but he didn't want to. He thought that we had already delayed Seyton's funeral dinner and he didn't want to further delay it," Elizabeth sighs and fixes her dress, looking down to the ground. "I came home quite late that night. I had told all of the staff to leave at around 9pm. It was 11:33pm when I arrived home. No one was at home. I had opened the door quietly, so as not to disturb Henry. That's when I heard him screaming. He was screaming and screaming," she starts to tear up and clears her throat. "He was screaming his name, Mr. Holmes. He screamed 'Gareth! Stop! Don't do it! I'm sorry!' He was begging for Gareth Seyton to not kill him," she cries and grabs a tissue. "I ran up those stairs as fast as I could and I swear, I saw him. Gareth. When he saw me, he frowned and just disappeared," Elizabeth says, blowing her nose into the tissue.

"We're deeply sorry for your loss, Elizabeth. It must be hard for you," Sam says.

"How did your husband die?" Dean asks.

"The police say that he died from a heart attack. But Henry was too young for a heart attack. He was in perfect heart health, save for his cold but that wouldn't lead to a heart attack. I don't know how he really died, but I know what I saw. I saw Gareth Seyton with my husband as Henry died," Elizabeth says, wiping her nose.

"Do you mind if we take a look around? Maybe look around the room Henry died in?" Dean asks. Elizabeth nods slowly.

"I don't know if you'll find anything but you're more than welcomed to check our bedroom. It's just up the stairs, two doors down and on the left," she says. "May I come with? I'd love to see you two... in action," she says, smiling a little. Sam and Dean look at each other and shrug.

"If...if you wish. But maybe just stay at the door," Sam suggest, as the three of them all stand up and head up the stairs to the Winchester Hughes bedroom. As soon as they enter the bedroom, Elizabeth screams at the sight in front of the three of them.

Two pale figures stand side by side, two figures Sam and Dean can only guess to be Gareth Seyton and Henry Hughes.