All Mixed Up

This may get confusing but I will clear this up later on. I just don't want to spoil anything :)

________

Sam and Dean Winchester's POV

Everything was black. Was that it? Did Dean Winchester finally bite the last bullet? He tried to open his eyes and sighed in relief as he found himself able to open them. But.... something wasn't right. He felt... smaller. It was hard to explain... but things weren't right. He opened his eyes fully and took in the scene around him. He was in some.... room. The room was highly unfamiliar. He got up and looked around him. Dean couldn't recognize anything. He looked to his right and saw a man with blonde hair laying next to him. He looked a little familiar.. oh. It was John. Sherlock's partner. Wait... what was he doing with John?

"John.... is it? Where am I?" he asked John, shaking him awake. The other man woke up and looked confused. 

"Wh-.... where am I?" John asked. 

"Uh.. I don't know... why am I with you?" Dean asked. 

"I don't know.. why am I with you, Sherlock? Where's my brother? Where are we?" John asked. Dean froze. Did.... did John just say that Dean was Sherlock?

"What? John.. I'm Dean... not Sherlock. What are you talking about?" Dean said. Now it was John's turn to freeze.

"Dean? What? Why are you calling me by dad's name? I'm Sam... wait.. Dean, why do you look like Sherlock? And... sound like him...," John said. Wait... what? Dean widened his eyes and ran around the place, figuring out that he was in an apartment. He searched for the bathroom and when he did, he looked in the mirror and gasped. John, or... Sam..., followed him and they stood in awe.  Sam and Dean... were now John Watson and Sherlock Holmes.

"Dude.... you're Sherlock freaking Holmes," Sam said. Dean nodded slowly. 

"Wait... where are our bodies?" Dean asked. The brothers paled. 

"Oh shit.....don't tell me... oh no....," Dean growled in angry Sherlock.

"What? What is it?" Sam asked in John's rather high pitched voice.

"This means that someone else is in our  bodies. Now it could be that Doctor guy and either John Watson or Sherlock. Man, this is freaky! I hate it. Someone else is in our bodies. I don't even know how to contact ourselves? Where the hell could our bodies even be? We don't even know if they're in England or in America!" Dean shouted, his British accent prominent. 

"You sound so weird as Sherlock," Sam said absentmindedly. He shook it off briefly and looked at Dean. "Well um... another problem is that we are probably in John and Sherlock's apartment, right? So that means we're in England and we have no idea where we are, let alone if we should go back to America," Sam finished. Dean sighed. 

"Oh god.. you're right," he said, taking a deep breath and sitting down on of the couch seats. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Both men paled. 

"Sherlock? You have a visitor," a fragile, female voice said on the other side of the door. Dean looked at Sam, puzzled. 

"Um.. yes, of course. Bring them in," Dean said, stammering a little. The door opened and a little old lady and a taller, younger lady walked in. The little old lady smiled at the boys and went up to Dean.

"Careful, she just lost her husband. I think she's a little... you know... shaken," the old lady smiled. Dean gave an unsure smile. 

"Sure... um who are you again?" he asked in his oddly low British accent. The  old lady gave Dean a strange look.

"Sherlock... it's me. Your landlady, Mrs Hudson!" she exclaimed, surprised. She looked at John, or technically Sam, and said, "You've got to stop from smoking too much! It's ruining the poor man's brilliant mind." With that, Mrs Hudson left.

Dean looked at Sam, who shrugged back at Dean. The younger lady stood there awkwardly. 

"Um... hello? I am here you know, Mr Holmes," she said in her dainty British accent. She looked at Dean and smiled, licking her lips almost... seductively? Dean's eyes widened. 

"Y-yes, hello. Sorry, um, who are you?" he asked her, walking to an armchair. The woman sighed and looked at Sam before looking back at Dean. 

"Mr Holmes, my coat?" she said, almost irritated. Sam moved quickly. 

"You'll have to excuse, Sherlock, my lady. He's a little out of it," he said. Clearly, Dean knew nothing about British customs. Sam offered to take off the lady's coat and he hung up on the coat rack. Dean quickly caught on.

"Right, pardon my... rudeness. I'm Sherlock Holmes," Dean said, smiling a little. He never thought he'd say that one day. He extended a hand for the woman to shake when Sam coughed loudly. Dean paused and looked at Sam. Sam, who was behind the lady, kissed his own hand, indicating that Dean do that action with the lady. He looked at the lady. She smiled at Dean. Dean cleared his throat and went down on knee, calmly reaching out for the lady's hand and kissed it lightly. He looked up and gave the lady a small smile. "It is my pleasure to meet you," he said.

The woman gave Dean a wide smile. She was clearly blushing. "Well, it is an honour to be in your mere presence, Mr Holmes. I am Lady Elizabeth Winchester," she replied.  Both Dean and Sam's eyes popped out.

"I'm sorry what?" Dean said bluntly. The woman looked almost appalled by his bluntness. Dean closed his eyes in frustration. Playing Sherlock Holmes was a lot harder than he expected. He cleared his throat again and re-opened his eyes. "Pardon me. Your surname is Winchester?" he asked the woman. The lady rolled her eyes and made her way to a lone chair in the middle of the apartment.

"Of course. Winchester is  a rather popular English surname. However,  the other Winchesters have long gone. My family is the only Winchester family left. Probably in the whole world," she said, in a as-a-matter-of-fact voice. She sat up proud in her chair. Dean scoffed.

"I wouldn't  be so sure about that. Perhaps you're the only Winchester in England but not in the whole world. You should visit Lebanon, Kansas in the United States of America. You'd find a pleasant surprise," Dean snapped back. The woman was once more appalled but this time at Dean's words and not how they were phrased. 

"I beg your pardon?" she said, shocked that she wasn't the only Winchester. Sam rolled his eyes and walked over to his armchair, which was next to Dean's and in front of the woman.

"Alright, let's stop bickering and get down to the point. Why are you here, Lady Winchester?" Sam asked. The lady scoffed.

"Why else do you think I am here, Dr Watson? To give you two a bloody case!" she huffed. Sam looked at Dean, who looked rather confused.

"A case? A case.. as in a murder case?" Dean asked. The lady nodded. She sighed.

"My husband, Lord Hughes. He was murdered a week ago. His killer never found. But.. between you and me, Mr Holmes, I think the reason why his killer was never found was because....," she babbled. She suddenly paused and chuckled lightly. "Maybe it was a mistake coming here. You'll only see me as a heartbroken, crazy widow," she sighed. 

"No no, Lady Winchester. Please. Continue. We will listen to your case, no matter what," Sam reassured, using his own calm voice. 

Lady Winchester looked up with her big blue eyes. Her dark brown hair was done up in a complicated braided bun and she wore a black dress. Similar to Amara's dress, Dean thought to himself. Lady Winchester sniffled and sighed again.

"I think a ghost killed my husband."