:three:

The boys left after their game to let El have some time to cool off.

"Mike... Don't go."

Mike stops halfway up the stairs, and turns back with a small grin.

"I'll be here as long as you need me to be."

El stared at Mike and smiled, "Me too."

They sat together in the little tent that had been set up for El to sleep in, and she rested her head on his small shoulders before she eventually fell asleep.

I should probably go upstairs before my mom wakes her up...

He slowly moved El's head from him left shoulder and placed it on the pillow that was put down for her, making sure not to wake her and closed the "tent". He slowly crept back up the stairs and closed the basement door before going to his own room to sleep.

Hours later, the sun rose and Mike went back down to the basement after breakfast to greet El with some eggos.

The basement door opened, and these footsteps didn't sound like Mike Wheeler's friends, but the footsteps of a woman.

His mother.

Unfortunately, they weren't quick enough to hide Eleven this time, and Mrs. Wheeler found that there was a new child in the basement.

"Michael... Who is this?" You could hear a little bit of anger in his mother's voice.

"Mom... There's a lot of stuff I need to tell you."

"And I'm listening."

El sat in shock switching her focus between the two, also worrying that she would be thrown out and never see Mike again.

"Please," Eleven said tearfully. "I have no place to go..."

After a long explanation of why Eleven was hidden in the Wheelers' basement, Mike's mother was silent and sympathized with the girl. "I can't imagine how horrible that all must have been."

"Please, Mom." Mike looked at his mother with puppy eyes, begging her, "Let her stay with us."

After talking it over, El could stay living with the Wheelers, and would get a real bed to sleep on. She would also have more clothes than just Nancy's old dress.

Then Mrs. Wheeler said with a smile, "So El, what do you say we go shopping?"