:six:

Both blushing, Mike and El stared into each other's eyes and continued to dance, this time standing much closer than before.

The song ended, however the two remained close and continued to sway. It was almost as if everyone disappeared and Mike and El who were the only two in the world, dancing to their own soundtrack. The silence was broken when Mike began to speak, "El, I had a lot of fun tonight." She spoke softly, "Me too, Mike." The two had overstayed their welcome, and were practically pushed out of the school gymnasium.

They got into his mother's car and drove back home, this time holding hands in the backseat, smiling at each other.

Mrs. Wheeler took a glance in the rearview mirror and grinned, probably thinking Aw, look at my little boy, he looks so happy. What I would give to be young and in love again...

They returned home and changed into pajamas.

And of course Mike had to visit El before he went to bed. He went down to the basement quickly because he knows that the faster he gets there, the more time he'll have to spend with her.

"Hey, El!"

"Hi, Mike."

"I just wanted to come down and well... Just talk with you, or hang out... Again."

"Okay." She gives a small smile and moves over a little bit to give Mike some space to sit down right next to her.

"So..."

El waits for Mike to figure out what he wants to say.

"D-did you have fun tonight?"

"Fun?"

"Yeah, did you enjoy yourself? Have a good time at the dance?"

"Yes."

"Well... That's... That's good." His voice got quieter with each word. There was a long silence before El spoke, and he was about to get up so he could go to bed.

"Mike?"

"Yeah El?"

"Stay."

"O-okay." He said as he sat back down.

"Promise?"

He smiled, "I promise, El. I'll stay whenever you need me to."

Again, he had the want to kiss her. They both leaned in slowly, but they were interrupted by Dustin on the radio, "Hey lovebirds, you kissin' again?" Mike got up to get the radio and spoke. "Ha ha ha," he said flatly, "What do you want, Dustin?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to annoy you. Goodnight!"

"Goodnight, Dustin."

When he was done talking to Dustin he turned to find Eleven sound asleep on the new futon Mrs. Wheeler bought for her to sleep on, which had to be a little more comfortable than the floor.

Mike walked over to the futon and laid down next to El, and fell asleep by her side with a smile on his face.