:seven:

The sunlight peeked in through the basement windows and El fluttered her eyes open to see Mike, who was already dressed, holding a plate of eggos drenched with syrup, coming down the stairs.

"Oh hey, you're up!"

El gave him a wave and a smile and rubbed her tired eyes. Mike placed the plate next to her. She began to eat and finished them in under a minute. That has to be some kind of record... Mike thought, But it's pretty cute that she loves those things so much.

"Did you sleep okay?" Mike asked. She nodded and pushed him up the stairs so she could get dressed. "But wait, I need the pl-", the door shut in front of his face. "The plate..."

After what felt like an hour to Mike, El opened the door wearing a grey plaid skirt with a blue shirt and Mike's eyes widened and he began to blush and sweat a little bit even though it was a little cold in the house. Nancy walked into the room and looked at Mike, "Are you o-" then she realized why her brother was acting so strangely, "Oh... Well then, I'll just leave you two alone." And she left the room with an evil grin, Mike still standing at the basement door looking more red than a tomato.

Then El spoke, "Mike, are you okay?" Then he snapped back to reality, "Y-y... Yeah. I'm fine."

He continued to speak, "It's just, you look... really, really, pretty." He could have sworn he was grinning like an idiot now, but he didn't really care because there was no point in hiding his feelings anymore since his mother and Nancy already knew.

Nancy came back from eavesdropping and told El to brush her teeth so Mike could go at least two minutes without embarrassing himself again. As soon as they heard the bathroom door close, Nancy said, "You have a bad case of the Eleven Fever."

"Eleven Fever? Really Nancy?"

His sister stuck her tongue out and mocked him. Then began the bickering, "Well you have the Jonathan Fever," Mike said. "You'll have to choose between him and Steve at some point, and we all know you want Jonathan anyway."

Nancy, who had no more ideas what to say simply rolled her eyes and left the room and El walked in.

Still paralyzed by her beauty, Mike started to blush and stutter again. Then he finally was able to say something other than "uh".

And he blurted, "I love you."