Phil's POV

"Dan, we have an hour and a half to get ready." I said. Dan and I had been invited to my brother's party. I don't really know what it's for, but he said there would be food so we might as well go. I walked back into the bedroom to pick out my clothes. It wasn't going to be a super formal party, but I need to wear a nice outfit. I grabbed a white button up shirt and got a black bow tie. I just decided to wear my black skinny jeans as they were the only thing I had that actually looked good on me.

    I started to strip down into my underwear when Dan suddenly walked in. He slowly walked over and got dressed. He decided to wear a pastel pink sweater and white skinny jeans. "Well that's definitely a new look." I said.  He usually wears all black, but I have to admit, I do really like his outfit.

    "I'm trying something new." He said, with a grin.

    "Well I like it!" I said happily. I got the rest of my outfit on and the both of us walked out of the room into the kitchen. I slumped into a chair and got out my phone to see what time it was.

    "It's 4:30 and the party starts at 5:00. It was then that I noticed that Dan didn't straighten his hair.

    "Going for the pastel hobbit look are you?" I joked. He looked stunning. The sweater being a little too big on him made him look like a cute teddy bear.

    "Yeah, I didn't think straight hair would look right with this outfit so I decided to leave it." I stood up and pecked him on the lips lightly. He tried to hide his face, blushing and giggling. I smiled at him and took his hand in mine.

"We have to go or we'll be late." I said, still smiling. He nodded his head and we walked out of the apartment into the busy town.

As we walked we got some weird stares, but no one called us out or made an effort to make us stop holding hands. It's happened before, and Dan got really protective. That's one thing that I love about him, he cares enough to protect me. It's not just me though, a few weeks ago there was a boy that was about fourteen being picked on by some older kids. Dan walked up and stood between the kids and made them leave.

I looked over at Dan and saw that he had a small smile on his face. He looked back at me, and his smile grew larger.

We walked into the building that my brother told me to go to. Everything was decorated beautifully. There were roses, balloons, ribbons, and even a white grand piano. Everyone was talking quietly, not noticing me and Dan walking through the room to the table of food.

There was grilled chicken, steak, pork, mashed potatoes, green beans, gravy, different types of soups, and of course, cake. Sitting on a separate table was a huge five layer cake that had white icing and light pink roses on it. It all looked delicious.

Just then someone tapped on their glass to get everyone's attention. I turned around to see my brother, Martyn, standing in the middle of the room with my mother and father beside him. "Hello everyone." He said. Everyone replied with a simple nod.

"I'm excited to announce that Cornelia and I will be getting married next month." He looked so happy as he said that. Everyone clapped and cheered. I walked over to him and gave him a pat on the back. He turned towards me and gave me a big hug.

"Missed you little brother." He said. I smiled and replied, "I missed you too."

I looked around to see where Dan went. I wasn't surprised to find him over at the buffet getting a plateful of food. No one in mine or Dan's family knew about our relationship. The only people that new we're Chris and PJ. But tonight is the night that I was going to tell them.

After we all ate cake and celebrated, Dan and I walked into another room with Martyn, my mum, and my dad. They all looked confused as I stood in front of them with Dan's hand in my own, our fingers intertwined. I was shaking and my heart was beating out of my chest. I can do this. I've done it before and I can do it again. I remember when I came out to my family. I remember how I was so nervous I almost threw up when they stared at me, waiting for me to speak. I was expecting them to kick me out of the house, but instead they were really supportive and accepted me.

I cleared my throat and began to speak. "Um.. Dan and I.. Uh- we're.. Um, well... Together." They looked at us with surprised expressions.

"Congrats little brother!" My brother beamed. I was never good with relationships so whenever I had a boyfriend break up with me, he was always there for me, and whenever I was in a relationship he was always happy for me.

Dan blushed and turned his head a little, hoping no one would notice. " Thanks Martyn." I said. A warm feeling of happiness filled my body. I knew I could do it.
------------------------------------
Sorry for not updating, I've been busy for the past few days. I'll try to update more often but I can't make any promises
<3