6.13.0

Once outside and a safe distance away from the bar, the Update stops and turns towards me. When his eyes meet mine they soften, practically melting into a relieved, apologetic blue. "Are you okay?"

"Of course I'm not okay!" I respond sharply. "What was that place?"

The Update sneers. "Rush to Release, real seedy joint. I've seen notes go in there before and never come out." He pauses and sighs. "You really scared me."

"Well I wouldn't have been there in the first place if I hadn't seen you rollicking about with that Android Note!" I cross my arms angrily across my chest. "You know exactly what I'm talking about."

"Android?" The Update has the audacity to laugh. "Notes, Notes, Notes..." he shakes his head with a soft chuckle, then takes my hand. "You now have the ability to show or hide your display name in Edit Profile and search filters are now available, and you can now see categories before you search." His voice comes out soft and slow, like he's trying to stroke my frayed ego with his words. "How does that sound?"

His face is so close to mine now I can see the light smattering of freckles across the bridge of his nose. "Fine," I whisper, and I blush because I suddenly realize he's still holding my hands. I expect him to loosen his grip, to let me go now that the release is said and done, but he doesn't. Instead I see his eyes trace my lips prompting the smallest curl of a smile to appear. And then he leans in.