6.19.0

"Wait just a minute!" I toss the old notes over my shoulder and run after Veronica. The click-clack of her heels on the pavement echo all around me, but I can't seem to find her anywhere. I finally see a swish of honey-hued locks whip around the corner into the alleyway. I follow and suddenly we're face to face.

"If you don't already know hun, then I don't want to be the one to tell you."

"Tell me what?" I stand my ground, but my head feels cloudy and my eyes start to lose focus.

"On supported devices, you can now hard press (3D Touch) on user avatars in the Home feed, search results, story details and user profile." She inches closer to me. "You can also quickly search by doing a hard press on the app icon on your home screen." Another step and the sunlight around us turns to shadow. "Posting a story or story part link in your profile will now show a beautiful preview of that story, and of course, we've fixed some of our trickiest bugs."

"No," I shake my head. "Not 6.19.0. My Update."

"Oh, he's yours now is he?" She laughs and it's brittle like broken glass. "Don't say I didn't warn you, baby." She traces her long fingernail down my cheek and it feels like ice. Then she's gone again and I'm frozen in place, alone in the alley now and shivering. 

But that's normal right? I look up to see the first snowflake spiral down from the clouds. I shouldn't be so dramatic. After all, winter is coming.