6.29

"I'm going to tell the App Store that I don't want to work with Veronica anymore," I'd been thinking about this for days now and finally decided to say it out loud.

The Update looked up and grinned at me from behind the lip of his coffee cup. "That's very brave of you. She is your partner."

"Don't you think we make a much better team?"

"Naturally. But the rules state that an Update and a Note cannot be--"

"What? Highly effective? Efficient? More extra than the guac at Chipotle?"

The Update tilted his head back in a laugh. "Speaking of guac, should we get something to eat?"

"Not before you give me the goods!" I cross my arms and wait, leaning back against the leathery booth and eyeing him playfully.

With a roll of his eyes, the Update relented, clearing his throat before putting on his most professional voice. "Well Notes, my darling, new comment notifications are now supported on iPad! Story tags in your library and story detail pages have been revamped. For storytellers: we've made it easier to view your works as a reader. Oh, and sharing stories on Facebook for iOS 9 device users now works properly."

I sighed. "See? It's sounds so much better coming out of your mouth. What do I even need Veronica for?"

The Update shrugged. "Dramatic plot arc?"