The Sinister Split

Iron Crisis

"Mobster is dead," came a voice from the shadows, "The cops unveiled his identity hours ago."

I turned slowly and deliberately towards the other end of the alley, "So what of the Six?"

"Lotus and I are going to get out of town for a while. Let this cool down a bit. Ripper and Carney are staying."

"So what you're saying is you're a coward," I challenged.

"No. I'm just using my sense of self preservation," he tried to defend himself.

I scoffed at that, "You and Lotus are both dead to me."

I turned on my heel and began to walk away.

"Crisis," he called after me. His hand grabbed my shoulder and I quickly spun around, pinning him to a crumbling brick wall by his throat. He just made a big mistake.

"Let me make one thing clear! The Sinister Six is scattering like roaches, which means that I'm no longer tied to pieces of shit like you. As far as I'm concerned, you're not a real villain. Real villains don't tuck their tail between their legs and run off in the opposite direction," I threw him into the opposite wall and screamed, "We're at fucking war! And instead of fighting back when things get tough, you're deserting? You're the most pathetic little man I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. Get out of my sight!"

The metal structures of the buildings around me groaned under the force of my rage. It took all of my restraint not to kill him this instant. It was out of respect to Mobster that I didn't.

I've always held a deep hatred for Quake. He was her replacement after all. And a poor one at that.

In my perspective he was always too weak. Sure he could make the ground shake and suck people into the Earth, but he was just a pansy who happened to get up on the wrong side of the bed. I have a strong suspicion that he was in some way related to the Mobster. That's the only way he could be one of the Six.

He quickly got to his feet and turned, jogging away from me, "And it's Iron Crisis to you, you pathetic waste of skin!"

And just like that, he was gone.

I cracked my neck before sauntering back out into the street. I had a strong itch to break something.

Growling, I raised my hand and ripped out the metal interior of an already collapsing building. Beams flew threw the air, smashing into storefront windows and crumbling into the pavement. Dust flew and a thunderous boom echoed through my skull as all four walls crashed into each other, crumbling on impact. A feral grin lit up my face as I turned to the East.

Fires raged through the streets, an orange glow rising on the horizon like the morning sun. Smoke twisted into the air, blocking out the stars and moon that would normally shine down at this hour. This side of town was in pure chaos, courtesy of all the self proclaimed villains and the heroes trying to stop them. We we at full out war; heroes against villains. And right now, the winning side was unclear.

Slamming more metal beams into the pavement, I twisted them into my trademark. The metal groaned under my will, leaving a satisfied smirk stretched across my lips. I walked away with a giant I and C sticking out of the ground behind me.

Every soul in this city would come to fear me. Those that didn't would sink to their knees at my feet.

One day they'd all pay for the sorrows they've caused me.

One day.

____________
A/N

Hey peeps. Megan here with the first chapter of Villainous Us. This book is another co-write between Stevie and I. Yes we know "another". We intend to finish this one, honest. We're both really psyched. Next up is written in the point of view of Stevie's character The Hauntress. Enjoy!