Fight

Iron Crisis

I ducked and threw up my hands as a car came hurtling towards me. The motion was a simple reflex, and the raw power pulsing within me was too.

The invisible tendrils of my ability latched onto the car's metal frame and used its own momentum to fling it around my body and back at the super who'd thrown it. It arced through the air, spinning wildly until it plowed through the fifth story of an apartment complex. Unfortunately, Mega Man was still flying around unscathed.

"Look out!" H's voice shouted in my direction. Without hesitation, I dropped gracefully to my stomach. A pair of knives whizzed over my head seconds later.

I rolled to the side and pulled myself back to my feet. Looking back, I found a heroine dressed in forest green pointing a bow at me.

My eyes widened as I tried to duck, but the arrow skinned the edge of my ear.

After grumbling a few profanities, I turned back to my attacker. I wracked my brain for a name, but came up empty.

I really should study up again. It came in handy, knowing the names and powers of supers, but based on my intuition, I guessed that this girl had the power of accuracy.

Reaching out my hand, I focused on her bow. It was metal, and probably quite expensive too. With a single clench of my fist, the bow crumbled in on itself, the string falling slack in her hands.

She stared at it before tossing it aside and scowling at me. I grinned back as she drew a pair of blades from her belt.

I spread my feet apart and bent my knees, bringing my hands a bit higher as I prepared to fight.

Suddenly, the girl lunged at me, one knife aiming for my skull while the other was coming for my stomach.

I deflected the latter with one arm, the knife clattering to the ground as she lost her grip, and grabbed her wrist with my other. The blade was inches from my temple. I only smirked as it split in two and bent away from my skin, peeling like a banana the closer it got.

I squeezed her wrist hard and she dropped that one as well. Then I snaked a foot behind one of hers and pulled it towards me while pushing her away. She fell to the ground with a heavy thump. I pressed my boot into her throat and took pleasure in watching her struggle for air.

Something, or rather someone, tackled me from the side while I was distracted. The armor of my suit protected my back from the broken glass as I slid across the pavement.

A fist slammed roughly into my jaw, filling my mouth with a metallic tasting liquid.

I looked up to see a hero dressed in blood red straddling me. He had blondish hair and the initials SH imprinted on his chest.

I stared up at him in curiosity, even though I had the lower hand at the moment, "I don't believe we've met. I'm Iron Crisis," I said with a tone of false politeness.

He frowned, determining whether to answer me.

"Scarlet Hound," he replied after a moment. He seemed young, and unnaturally strong.

"Super strength?" I asked him.

"Super senses," he growled before punching me again. I spat out a bit of blood before twisting out from under him and kicking him in the chest. He fell away from me and I took the opportunity to alter our positions. I had a knee pressed against his chest, keeping him down while I held out a hand, searching for nearby metal.

"Work on your balance, and don't let the enemy distract you," I instructed as a metal pipe flew to my opened palm like Thor's hammer, "You seem like a nice kid. Don't get in my way," I said before whacking him in the head. He was going to have one killer headache when he woke up. And unfortunately for him, pain killers don't work on supers.