Surprise Visit

Iron Crisis

"Don't you miss it?" I asked, "Being free?"

"Being a villain isn't he same as being free," she answered back, looking me straight in the eye.

"It is for me," I said more to myself than her. My eyes swiveled back up to see her studying me. I smirked, "See something you like?"

She scowled and looked away, trying once again to tug out of her bindings. I smirked. Duct tape works wonders.

"Seriously. Can you untie me?" She huffed out as she dropped her hands back into her lap, "I think I'm losing circulation in my fingers."

I smirked again, "Going soft already? You've only been out of it for a couple months."

"No," she denied quickly, "The only thing that's changed is my perspective."

"Hm," I hummed in response as I studied her in return. Reaching out, I ran a finger along her cheek. It came back white, and I rubbed the makeup between my fingers until it disappeared, "You know," I spoke as I studied my fingers, "You've always made fun of me for wearing a mask. How my identity depended on nothing more than a string," I placed my finger under her chin and lifted it up slightly, "But yours could be revealed with nothing but a bit of water."

She pulled her face away from my fingers and glared at me, "Yeah. Whatever."

I grinned. She knew I was right. Suddenly her eyebrows furrowed, "What time is it?"

I reached up on the counter and checked my phone, "Around 3:00 in the afternoon."

"Shit," she muttered.

I cocked my head to the side, "What? Have I interrupted some plans?"

She just shook her head a little, "No, my roommate will probably be worried about me."

"You have a roommate?" I asked curiously. Every drop of information I could get about her secret identity was a step closer to finding out who she was. I probably wouldn't know her anyway, being as I only know like three people outside of my family, but it didn't hurt to have the facts.

"That's none of your business," she replied as she held her tied hands up and waved them around, "Please?"

I raised an eyebrow, "I see you're getting desperate, resorting to pleasantries and all."

She rolled her eyes but didn't move her hands. Truth be told, I was about to untie her, but I heard something outside in my apartment.

There was a faint knocking, "Hellooo," came an all too familiar voice, "Al? You home?"

"Shit," I muttered under my breath.

H raised a brow, "What's the matter? Have I interrupted some plans?"

I glared at her before standing to my feet. Reaching down I hooked my hands beneath her arms and lifted her to her feet. Then I hugged her to my chest as I lifted her out of the tub and set her on the counter of the sink. Then I reached back and turned the shower on.

I lifted a finger to my lips to tell her to keep quiet as I heard footsteps getting nearer.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, "Is that my little brother in there?"

I glanced at H, silently praying Daphne didn't reveal anything else about my identity.

"I'm taking a shower. Do you mind giving me a bit of privacy?" I yelled out there.

"No need to be rude," she sassed back, "I just came to tell you something."

I closed my eyes in frustration, "Fine. Just tell me and get the hell out of my apartment. I moved out for a reason, you know."