Anger Issues

Iron Crisis

I made my way to the morgue in all haste, but unfortunately, by the time I arrived at the scene, she was long gone.

There were a few police officers wrapping up the case and a handful of paramedics examining the unconscious men that were left behind in her wake, but everyone else had dispersed. I smirked as I hid in the shadows.

She always had a way of getting what she wanted, and judging by her choice of location, she wanted another soul. I didn't have to think too hard to figure out who that was.

Seeing that sticking around was useless, I let out a heavy sigh and turned on my heel. I was foolish to think I'd be able to catch her in time, but I couldn't blame myself for trying. I would go after her, but in reality, I had no idea where she'd go.

Shaking my head, I silently stalked off to find something else to occupy my time. This was obviously a lost cause.

Feeling more depressed than I have all week, I headed off to the War Zone. What better way to vent my frustration than smashing some building and fighting random strangers?

Precisely forty minutes later, I found myself in a fistfight in some back alley. I found great satisfaction each time my fist connected with the drunkards face.

I have to admit, he was a stubborn fellow. He refused to give up, instead throwing back unbalanced punches that rarely met their mark.

I kicked him hard in the chest and he stumbled backwards, bouncing off the wall and rebounding back towards me. I used his own momentum to heighten the force of my next punch.

He was out cold before he even had a chance to hit the ground. I cracked my knuckles in contentment.

Somebody sighed dramatically at the other end of the alley. I turned my head to see none other than Carney leaning casually against the bricks reading a magazine.

"Oh Hell," I grumbled under my breath.

Carney looked up and grinned, "The new issue of Supers Monthly is out."

I folded my arms over my chest and glared at him.

He frowned, "Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed this time around. They ranked me #4."

I rolled my eyes. Being ranked the fourth most popular villain in the nation was a pretty big deal.

Carney started chuckling sarcastically, "Oh, and look who's #5!"

He turned the magazine and pointed to a close up picture of me with a 5 in the upper right hand corner.

I scowled. Every single time he had to rub it in my face, "Give me that!"

I ripped the magazine out of his hands and flipped through the pages. I stopped on #9.

"She's dropped," I observed as I stared down at her skeletal face paint. Carney peeked over my shoulder and shrugged.

"She's not really a villain anymore. She's..." he gulped and lowered his voice, "... helping people."

I snapped the pages shut and handed it back to Carney.

"I need a drink."

__________
A/N

Hey guys! Megan here. Thanks for reading. I know it was a short chapter but things will start going pretty quick here so keep reading! Here comes Stevie's chapter!