Chapter 14 - Blame The Heavens, To Have Weaved Such A Terrible Destiny For You!

"Brother, where are we going?" Xiao Wu and Cheng Hao were currently walking down a paved road. Cheng Hao had suddenly woken her up at half past four in the morning and told her that she had to quietly follow him. It had been two days ever since they had broken through into the Inferior stage.

After the recent events she had learned to trust and do whatever her brother might instruct her to do. This time was no exception so she changed her mundane clothes with the sect clothing.

The clothing was actually a simple black robe white one white stripe going from the right shoulder to the left ankle where it also faded into the black. The robe also had a hood that could be used to conceal one's face so they both hid their features as they came out of the house.

Before they did though, Cheng Hao had to wait for Xiao Wu to apply some makeup to make her look a bit more masculine and tie her long blue-purplish hair into a ponytail. He still did not ask the reason she decided to dress and act as a male but he did not care. It was her decision and it did not bother an open minded person like him.

Of course when Goldy had, one night, secretly applied make up on Cheng Hao's sleeping face so that when he went out he looked like a stunning beauty, he had tied it to a rock and threw it in the river. It was a mystery up until then how it managed to survive.

Still he couldn't help but wonder why she would disguise herself when she grew up and she went through puberty everything would be revealed...

+++

After walking for an hour, Cheng Hao finally stopped. He turned and asked "Do you remember the way up to here?" The girl nodded and he pointed to a nearby abandoned tower "Every day for a month you will run here before dawn breaks and sit on that tower. You will then be sure to absorb all the Purple Qi from the East into your Purple Moon Martial Way and trust me if I say that if you skip a single day you won't get to eat for a week"

"But brother" she argued "Aren't I the one who is preparing the food to begin with?" Cheng Hao's smile broke down as he realized that was true. He straightened himself up and he cleared his voice.

"Ahem, I mean... You will have to wash the clothes and clean the house for a week..." "But brother, aren't I the one washing the clothes and cleaning the house to begi-"

"You understand what I mean! Just do it. Dawn at this period of the year usually comes at around six in the morning. You will know the time from the water clock in the house. This is incredibly important for cultivating the second scripture!" Cheng Hao turned and as he headed back he thought to himself 'You can actually sleep at night' He couldn't say that of course or else she would have worried, or worse, done the same.

A human body can't survive for long without sleeping but thanks to the golden aura absorbing the energy from his surroundings, Cheng Hao could barely scrape by with a short nap in the evening every day. In the future, when his body would have turned into a weapon itself, even eating might not be an issue anymore! Truly a divine ability! Of course, it was that the ability the Golden Heaven Devouring Dragon, the Eternal stage Beast Blindlight, had given him!

"I will go back to the house. Oh right! When you go out, remember to watch out for a guy with a mask! He wears blue robes and has apparently attacked a few disciples ever since we got here!"

Xiao Wu's expression flickered, but with his back towards her, she was sure that Cheng Hao couldn't possibly have noticed it.

Cheng Hao smiled as she thought of the blue robe and the mask hidden underneath his sister's pillow. He sighed, it seemed that although she had enough faith to follow him at a moment's notice she still didn't completely trust him yet. Oh well, he also had his secrets so he should probably call it even. And it wasn't like she was the only person that didn't stay idle at night!