Chapter 52 - Wrath

Greatsword blinked once, his gaze grew firm, and he lifted the sword in the air with his right hand as he made a hand seal with his left. When the blade slashed down, the earth cracked and the rifts spread around for a few dozen meters. From the cracks, black, flaming spikes flung out and stabbed those that did not protect themselves fast enough.

Then, the man bent his knees and clutched the blade with both of his hands. The sword began to glow red and a black, flame-like aura surrounded the blade. Core Elder Tai Fu, who was pretty close to the armored man, had a bad feeling "Everybody, move away!" He kicked off the ground but not everyone reacted fast enough.

The armored man kicked off the ground and approached the closest group of cultivators, the sword blazing with dark red flames. He swung his blade with all his might, cleaving in half those standing too close to him while black and crimson flaming blades bore down on all those within a fifty metres radius. The dark red flames devoured all those they touched, annihilating them completely not leaving behind a single speck of dust.

Similar scenes appeared all over the battlefield as tens of men were annihilated every moment that passed. The giant, Mace, held a gigantic mace which he used to crash those standing a few meters from him into blood puddles. The dwarf-like, Dagger, being danced into the crowd, streaks of light appearing here and there indicating another cultivator's death, falling to his pair of twin blades.

In just a few moments ever since the ten monsters had appeared, more than a few hundred people had died.

Cheng Hao's face grew dark and, from way up in the sky, Yin Hei's voice reached his ears "Imbecille! A child like you hopes to defeat me? If you had let me become the Sect Head at that time and had flown low you might all have survived, but now you will all die! And it is all your fault, Genius Child! What's wrong, new Sect Head? Why are you not answering? Why are you not retorting with that sharp tongue of yours?"

Lao Jianghu gritted his teeth and slashed with all his might at the former First Protector. Long Yin Hei smirked and parried the blow with one of his hands: sparks flew and the golden blade was deflected, leaving behind only a slight scratch on the human form Shadow Dragon's claws.

"Damn" Lao Jianghu turned and yelled "Don't listen to him, Ling'Er! Don't let him toy with your mind, you should know full well that what he is saying is not true!" the Aura Tiger gritted his teeth and slashed at the chuckling Yin Hei roaring "Your enemy is me, don't you dare take your attention off my blade, you vile beast!"

Yin Hei dodged and flew back a few hundred meters in the air and at the same time shouted once again "You know I am right and you cannot retort, don't you? Good! As you know that, cry and fall into despair! Despair as you see the people around you die because of you! Ahahahaha" Long Yin Hei laughed mockingly.

Then he stopped talking and resumed his battle with Lao Jianghu. More sparks and flashes appeared here and there at each moment that passed, two streaks of light, one black and one golden, intertwined and clashed at high speeds in the dark sky.

Suddenly, up in the sky where the black clouds were churning nonstop, a rumbling sound came out as lightning fell down. A single raindrop fell on Cheng Hao's face. He was looking down and his expression was hidden by his hair.

That raindrop slide down his cheek, making the child look as if he was crying. Then another raindrop came and was soon followed by many others: it had stared to rain.

Cheng Hao's hair soon got damped with water and it hid his expression, but his whole person exuded an impression of an abandoned child in the middle of a thunderstorm... "Sect Head? Are you alright?" Wu Rou leaned in and asked worriedly. Cheng Hao lifted his head slightly and nodded trembling slightly, his two eyes blinking as they stared into nothing "Yes... I am quite alright... First Protector"