Book 1: Reborn - Part 2: The Gears Slowly Start To Move - Epilogue

A figure wearing a black cloak hurried up a set of stairs as he laughed in excitement "What luck! What great luck! Have the heavens blessed me?"

He kicked the ground at each step, jumping over tens of steps at each leap, all this done without any enhancing by any Cultivation Base, it was merely through the man's power.

After several minutes of running and jumping, the man finally arrived in front of a large black door. It was really tall and, on the top, there where several demons depicted out of the same black material.

The man smiled and waved his hand: the cloak fell down revealing a completely black robe. It looked just like the sect elders robes, a single robe with few decoration, except this was black and had a few sprinkles of gold here and there.

On its back, the words Long Yin Hei - Shadow Dragon [Note: Like Lao Jianghu (Laohu - Tiger), a play with words: Long - dragon, Yin(yang) - shadow. All protectors hold similar titles which are wordplays from their name] were depicted in large, edgy characters.

The font made it look like the words had been carved by the claws of a mysterious beast and they were crimson, the color of blood.

He was tall and thin, he had long wavy hair that fell below the shoulders and his eyes were yellow, a golden yellow with a black vertical pupil, like a snake's.

He casually waved his sleeve again and the black door faded away, as if it had never been there, as if it was only... A shadow.

The man walked into the large room: it was completely black, without a single ray of light shining inside: it was the tower of the First Protector, Long Yin Hei, a tower made out of shadows!

He casually stepped forward and sat on the black throne. He trembled and then grinned excitedly "I have found a treasure, and at such a convenient time too! Now, not even that annoying woman will be able to stop me, I, the Shadow Dragon, will soon return!"

He clenched his fist as he stared at the ceiling "After so much time... I will free myself of this curse, of this seal! Chu Sai!"

The air trembled and another figure appeared. He wore black clothes that covered every part of his body except for his eyes and carried five katanas on his back and sides.

He kneeled and lowered his head "You have called me, Sir?"

Yin Hei smiled "Chu Sai... For so many years you have followed me, for so many years you have protected me from the shadows... Now, all that work will be rewarded! Because, you see, we have won! Nobody can stop us now! Even if somebody had the strength of a god, he would be unable to stop us!"

He sighed and abandoned himself on the throne "Such a great feeling... A feeling that all my effort have not been wasted, do you know what I mean?" He looked up "The fated battle will soon begin. We have waited for years for this chance, now that the heavens have decided to help us, we are going all out! Call back the Shadow Legion and tell them to prepare. We will head out in a week!"

Chu Sai silently listened to his Lord's speech but then nodded and propped himself up. He put a hand on his left chest and spoke "Yes, my lord! I will head out right now!"

The air trembled once again and Chu Sai disappeared, transforming into a black blur shooting through the night sky.

Yin Hei chuckled "You foolish Tiger, foe of mine, do you finally understand? I am the strongest! In one week, I will erase the remaining opposition in this school and destroy the seal that has been holding me down for centuries!"