32 - Fancy

Idk what to write as title.

-----

Iced tea.

It's kinda weird to see someone drinking iced teas in this formal event where the only drink they could offer you are sparkling wines.

I watch as the lady's face lighten as she took the drink from a waiter. Then, as she took a drink, our eyes met.

I shoved my sight away from her direction as my knee hit the table.

Andy eyed me and raised a brow. Be discreet, Andy. Be discreet. He took a sip of his wine and said nothing.

I sighed in relief. I secretly looked around and found the lady staring at me. She winked at me and felt my cheeks warming.

God. She's really beautiful.

"What, Patrick?" Pete suddenly blurted.

"I said that loud?" I said in shock.

"Yes, you did." His head started to roam around. "Who's that beautiful girl?"

I glance back at her and found her talking to the people seated next to her.

"Patrick, where?" Pete almost shrieked, making Joe and Andy stiffle a laugh.

"Pete!" I said and feel slightly embarassed.

The three monkeys giggle as I try to regain myself.

"C'mon bud, we've been friends for years. Tell me, maybe I can help you at least." Pete said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"I wont--" I was trailed off as an emcee went on stage.

"So, um...sorry to interrupt your dinner, our dear guests," he stopped as the microphone made a feed back. "This is the bet-for-a-cause!" He said as some audience heckled in surprise.

"To begin with, here we have the lovely Sophia!" The emcee cries as a girl wearing a silver gown hops on stage. "Hello Sophia,"

"Hi," Sophia shyly said.

"Alright, the lovely Sophia does flute and speak Mandarin. Everyone, place your bets!"

I watch as Andy shuffled on his seat, stared at us, on the stage and back at us.

"I'm sorry guys. I wanna help others." He said and we laugh as he stood up.

"Five thousand dollars!" Andy shouted.

"Five thousand dollars from table fifteen!" The emcee said. When nobody messed up with Andy (like you know, who would dare), the emcee said that he owes Sophia a five thousand dollar dance.

I looked back and noticed that the iced-tea drinking lady disappeared from her seat. I shrugged and fished my phone, playing our good ol' app, Fall Out Bird.

Four more girls turn on the stage and still, she hasn't returned to her seat.

"Let's welcome, the beautiful Y/N," the emcee said as my character fell down. I peeked on the stage and the iced tea drinking lady walks on stage, wearing a sleek black-silver dress that exposes her back.

"Hello, Y/N." The emcee said, looking at his cue cards. "You said that you love paintings and iced teas."

The audience stiffle a laugh as he mentioned iced teas.

"Iced teas are life," she said as a bright smile's plastered on her face.

"Oh, I forgot to mention. Five of her paintings were turned in for auction." The audience applauds. "Let us not make the audience wait. Place your bets!"