68 - Winks and Stars

Truth to be told, you are not fond of going into bars and drink alcoholic beverages. However, this night was an exception--your high school buddies decided to have a reunion out of the blue and here you are, stuck in the seats, watching them to drink 'til oblivion.

"So, Y/N, aren't you going for a dance?" Maya asked as she held her boyfriend's arm.

"I'll stay here...I think." You murmured as your bestfriend rolled her eyes and walked to the dance floor.

A slow and cheesy song you barely recognized started to play.

You took your planner out, remembering your appointments for tomorrow. After taking note of them, you gazed on the bar stand and watched as some guys try to persuade girls to be theirs just for a night.

Then, there was this guy whom you made eye contact with. Once the contact deepens, he winks at you.

It was awkward. You thought to yourself.

Gazing back at your event planner as if nothing happened, the captivating winker was approaching your table. As an effect, your ears start to warm up and turn red.

"May I?" He asked politely, pointing on the couch that was supposed for a group of ten.

"Sure you can." You murmured. Being alone in the booth made you feel uneasy as he moved closer to you.

"I'm Patrick." He said, offering his hand. Right at the moment the two of you gazed at each other, he knew he got you.

So he winked once again.

And the way you react, he knew he got you once again.

"Y/N." Before you held his hand, you wiped your sweaty palm on your shirt, making him heave a chuckle.

"I can see that this place doesn't suit you." He remarked.

"I know...I'm just here because of my friends." You replied, giving him a smile.

"Why won't you tell your friends that you've got company and we're onto somewhere else." He said, making you look at him for a couple of seconds.

Patrick took his fedora off and raked his hair with his hand. "I'm not some tentacle-monster-changing-man who will take your skin after I'm done with you."

"Really?"

"Really." He says. "Look, I'm sober. I got tired of waiting for my friends and seemed like they ditched me already." Watching as his soft pink lips pout made you melt on your seat.

"Okay. I'm gonna tell them and you stay here."

"Fine with that."

Making your way to the drunk people of the bar, you finally found your best friend grinding with his boyfriend.

"Hey, Maya." You called.

"Hey, Y/N. Did your mother call?" She teased. You gave her a straight face.

"No, um...listen, I got some company--" And when you said 'company', your friend looked like she won billion dollars in the lottery.

Looking back on the table, Patrick made eye contact again with you and winked; your friend saw how he did that to you.

"That's great. You could go. Tell me the juicy details tomorrow, okay? Now leave us alone." She said, wrapping her arms around Jake and danced to the beat.

The cute-winking-creature, once again, winked at you and he witnessed how you blushed and how your face made some 'cute' grumpy emotions.

"Will you stop doing that? You've done that for three times!" He leapt from his seat as you collected your stuff.

-----

So, you and Patrick ended up by the bay, watching the stars flicker from the skies.

"I really thought you'll bring me somewhere else." You murmured, your gaze never leaving the skies above.

"The bar is a toxic place." Patrick muttered.

While you were really distracted looking above, he took a good couple of seconds to study you and how you adored the skies. Just like how you reacted when he winked, his eara turned red and he almost wanted the body of water to crash right at him and take him somewhere else.

"I guess my friends dumped me for a good reason." He said shyly.

"Why'd you say so?" Then, the first thing you noticed at him was the way he coys and how his ears blushed red.

"There's a part of me that says that watching the stars was a lame idea." He said, then pursed his lips at the thought.

"Then, tell that side of you to shut up because the sky's beautiful."

"...like you," he whispered, audible to himself.

"Are you saying something?"

He shook his head. "I never...uh...you know, don't want to end it like this."

Without a word, you turn at him.

"I don't want to end it like 'hey, meet Y/N, the random girl I met at a club' and it would be just stuck in my head, knowing I wouldn't be able to see you again, so...maybe we could go next week for movies?"

You chuckled. "No...problem." The cold wind blew as you were about to say something.

"You can have this," Patrick said, undoing the cloth that's on his neck and placed it around you.

"Thanks."

"Can I get your number?" He said, giving you his phone. Without any hesitation, you entered your number.

"As much as I wanted to stay with you, I have work for tomorrow." You said as a matter of fact. "We can still talk to each other, though."

Patrick smiled at you. After a few seconds, you blink and got him on the same expression as you did.

"Gotcha!"

-----
A-fucking-N:
Requests, anyone?