4

I ventured through the ballroom. The decorations were being set up and I have to admit, they were mighty beautiful. Bouquets of yellow roses were everywhere, given they were my favorite flower. Tables were set up, waiting to be covered with all sorts of foods and instruments were sitting in the corner, mainly violins. I took notice of mother who stood beside me and dreamily sighed.

'Beautiful. Isn't it?'

'I have to admit it is'

'Tomorrow is your big day and I hope that you are ready'

A lump worked its way into my throat. My coronation was tomorrow. I was old enough, at the age of twenty four. But was I ready to rule a kingdom?

'You will be fine. You will be a wonderful queen. I know that for a fact'

A meek smile worked its way onto my face and mother grinned at me.

'I have duties to attend to. I will see you later'

I watched mother's figure retreat down the hallway until I could no longer see her. Maybe she was right. Everything will be ok. After looking around once more, I left the ballroom and headed to one of the various sitting rooms. Once there, I sat and pondered for a while.

Tomorrow morning, I would be crowned queen of Gardston. A few months from now, the wedding would take place. I hadn't seen Thor since he and his parents had come here to talk it over with my own.

.............................................................

'All Hail Queen Eira!'

I stood in the downstairs cathedral. There were so many people. My parents, Queen Frigga and King Odin sat in the front row. Along with Laurei who stared at one of the various stained glass windows. The rest of the people there, I had recognized but didn't know them personally. Everyone clapped and cheered but I heard silence.

The priest laid a hand on my shoulder and led me down the long aisle and through the large pair of doors. I made a mental note that the next time I would be walking down this aisle in formal wear would be my wedding.

Its a tradition for the newly crowned monarch to ride throughout town so that the commoners could see them. All of them smiled and waved but I kept a straight face. There were so many mixed emotions inside me right now. I hope that it's normal to feel so strange.

Luckily for me, the kingdom wouldn't be dependent on me entirely. Mother and father would still be in charge. But I held the title and I had to contribute to making decisions.