7

I gulped when I arrived in front of the large golden palace. It had been so long since I stepped foot in Asgard. So long since I stepped foot inside the palace. I held Thor's hand as he led me inside.

I tried to remember what my parents had told me. I only had a certain amount of time after the wedding to get ready to depart to Asgard and the reception would be held here.

When I entered the palace, there was a young woman who stood by the door. Her red hair was cut into a bob cut and she had piercing grey eyes. Thor raised my hand to his mouth and kissed it. I felt a blush on my face but listened when he spoke.

'I must leave to speak terms with my father. I shall see you tonight'

I nodded and watched him retreat down the hallway. The redheaded woman placed her hand on my shoulder. I turned around to face her.

'My name is Elina and I'll be your lady-in-waiting'

I felt my heart stop when she said those words.

'I'll show you where you'll stay'

I followed her throughout the palace. We entered a large room with a big vanity, lots of wardrobes and a sofa.

'Your clothing and other items have been moved to this room. Here is where you can get ready every day. I'm sure that you're happy to hear that Thor's chambers are right above this room. You won't have far to walk'

My eyes widened to the size of saucers. I couldn't bear the thought that I'd be sleeping with Thor every night. I would have asked for a room with a bed that I could temporarily sleep in but it was my wedding night after all.

'Would you like for me to show you where Thor's chambers are?'

I shook my head and swallowed.

'You've done enough. Thank you, Elina'

She slightly smiled.

'You're welcome, my lady. If you need me you can just tell one of the other servants. You'll probably see maids around here all of the time'

When she left, I collapsed onto the sofa. I felt like I was replacing Alessia. If she came with me, I would have her instead. But Myra seemed very nice. At least having a lady-in-waiting is better than not having one. I looked at a clock that hung on the wall.

6:15.

The reception started at eight. I decided to stay on the sofa to collect my thoughts.

......................

I pulled a dress out of one of the closets to wear to the party. After changing I decided to look around the palace, so I'd have an idea where everything was. Myra told me that Thor's chambers were directly above my closet but I was too embarrassed to let her show me.

I found the dining room, numerous other chambers and sitting rooms. The palace was just like a maze. I had forgotten what floor I was on and where my closet was at. And unlike what Myra said, I hadn't seen any other servants. I blew air out of nose and sat down on a chair that sat in the middle of one of the seemingly endless hallways. I was about to try to find my way back when a voice sent shivers down my spine.

'Lost, my dear?'

Loki.