Chapter 28: Little kisses and bonding in the park

"A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to play with his child."- Author Unknown

The White Beard crew was reaching a summer island and Luffy was more than super excited! The large crew had just left a winter island and although Luffy loved snow he missed the heat and sun shine every now and then.

"Pops! Can we go exploring together?" Luffy asked excitedly grabbing hold of the older man's hand. White beard smiled widely underneath his mustache.

"Sure my son, but only for a little bit we don't want the nurses angry." He said and laughed while Luffy laughed with him.

"Mind if I tag along-yoi?" Marco asked smiling up at pops and Luffy.

"Mn!" He shouted happy to have more people to play with.

"I'm sure these two would like to come as well so why don't we all walk around for a while, eh?" Thatch said walking towards them with Sabo and Ace beside him who were both grinning.

"Do I even want to know what those smiles are from-yoi?" Marco asked suspiciously to his best friend and the brats.

"Yeah... probably not." Ace said and smirked mischievously to the man making Marco's brow twitch.

"If something's happened to my division-yoi..." He started and Thatch laughed loudly.

"Lighten up Marco! It's just a bit of fun that's all!" Thatch said with his grin that worried Marco further.

"Yeah Ma! Stop being such a cranky bastard!" Luffy shouted down to the man who now turned quickly to glare up at Luffy. Thatch who hadn't heard Luffy call anyone that in a while doubled over in laughter while Ace and Sabo tried to fight off their own forming smiles. Whitebeard laughed softly before scolding Luffy for using inappropriate words which only caused Luffy to give a pout up towards his father.

"But Thatch's division calls Ma that all the time!" He defended for himself and that caused Thatch to stop laughing.

"Oh do they now-yoi?" Marco said his blue eyes sparking dangerously.

"Listen Marco, you know I don't have complete control over our siblings, they say what they want!" Thatch said placing his hands in front of him to protect himself.

"Why don't I show them what a real cranky bastard looks like-yoi." He said dangerously taking a step forward.

"Noooo! No fighting!" Luffy whined now kicking his feet from where he was sitting on pop's lap.

"We're not Lu, don't worry!" Thatch said to the kid who eyed him his hands still up defensively though.

"I'll get you for this-yoi." Marco said huffing in defeat.

White Beard patted Luffy on the head as he helped the kid back down to the ground.

"Hey Lu, I heard this island has the best parks around!" Sabo said excitedly since he had been studying up on every island they came in contact with.

"Really?!" He said with excitement as Thatch rolled his eyes.

"You guys just want to go to the park?" He said with a chuckle making Luffy pout.

"I've never been to a park! I dunno what one looks like!" Luffy scowled while Sabo gave a crooked smile knowing Luffy had grown up on the ship his entire life and never got to experience things like that.

Ace had his head turned to the side as well.

"I've never been to a park either..." He said confused on why Luffy was getting excited about this.