Chapters 51: Tangerines and Swordsmen

The Beginnings of a Future Pirate King
Chapters 51: Tangerines and Swordsmen
🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

"Getting lost is just another way of saying 'going exploring."―Justina Chen

"You brat, you're good with your pipe." Garp said to Sabo who pulled his pipe off his back to admire it's craftsmanship.

"Damn straight I am." Sabo was a modest man except when talking about his pipe. He knew he was good at it and preferred it to any other weapon in the world.

"What about with a sword?" Garp asked him and Sabo had a bad feeling he knew where this was going.

"I'm not comfortable with how light they are..." He said stupidly but he meant it, Sabo liked how his pipe was heavy and strong. Sure it was slow sometimes but if he worked on it more and got stronger his power would outweigh the problem.

"That's a problem." Garp said and turned away leaving a very stunned Sabo on the deck.

"What's his problem?" Ace said leaning up against the railing proudly showing off his new tattoo.

"What isn't his problem this is Garp remember?" Sabo said to Ace who nodded his head in agreement. Garp hadn't taken the tattoos very well and had shown the boys his anger through training.

"Luffy still out?" Sabo asked worriedly.

"Like a light." Ace replied frowning now. Luffy's tattoo had really bothered Garp so the man had made it his mission to teach his grandson a lesson.

"It's not a bad tattoo..." Ace said happy with how Luffy's mark had turned out. Luffy had the signature Whitebeard pirate mark but the one that Marco and many other members wore instead. Luffy's was dark blue for the cross and a blue and gold feather finishing it off. Ace was sure he added that for Marco to represent his bond with both his father and the one who loved him.

"It's a wonderful tattoo but you do realize that we're so dead when we get back." Sabo said to Ace who laughed loudly and waved his hand at his brother.

"Probably for a moment really but no longer than that." He said with a smirk and Sabo raised a brow.

"You do realize this is Marco we're talking about. Over protective, let nothing happen to his precious Luffy or someone dies Marco." Sabo said clarifying up just how much danger they might actually be in.

"Yup but we have something he doesn't." Ace said and Sabo once again looked at Ace curiously.

"And that would be...?" He was confused.

"Luffy and his damned big eyes, you know Marco can't resist those eyes especially since we've been away from them for so long." Ace said matter-of-factly. Sabo wasn't sure so much though and would prepare an emergency back-up plan for when Ace's idea fell through.

"What island are we heading to next?" To be honest Ace was getting bored with the East Blue. Ever since they had left Dawn Island nothing else seemed strong enough to catch their attention long. They knew that if none of this was interesting them any than Luffy was probably bored out of his mind.

"Dunno but I hope we'll be home soon." Sabo said to Ace patting him on his bare shoulder before heading into the galley for food.

"A storm's coming..." Ace said looking at the sky a sense of foreboding coming his way.

Garp had decided that he had done a good job training his grandsons. Ace had a better control over his fire and Luffy's skills using Haki were almost too good. If only Luffy could remember to use his haki than all would be perfect, but it seems as if his youngest grandchild's brain hadn't developed the memory section yet. Luffy would use and then forget to use haki causing the older man to get frustrated with the child who would only laugh at the old man.