Chapter 44: Pranking Bonus!

The Beginnings of a Future Pirate King
Chapter 44: Pranking Bonus!
🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

"Rules should always be bent, if not broken. It's the only way to have any fun."―Alyson Noel

Luffy was wide awake and that was driving him crazy! His week with Mihawk had left his senses sharper than they ever were before especially at night. Mihawk made it his job to attack Luffy when he was dead tired, he showed no mercy to the kid through the day and went even harder during the night. Because Luffy had learned to always be alert during the night his mind was racing and his ears were listening. Luffy rolled over on his bed glared at the wall and decided to get up and go have some fun his first stop, Ace's room.

Ace had moved over to the second division, though it was at this moment without a commander, he felt more comfortable there right now. On the first day of lessons Mihawk had taught him that not everything needed to be noisy. Luffy loved to make noise but Mihawk told him that quiet killed his dinner faster than him yelling at it did. Luffy had practiced sneaking quietly up behind animals for a week so sneaking into Ace's room was pretty simple. Creeping up to his older brother he pulled out a marker and drew a few pictures on his face. Giggling quietly he crept out of the room and towards his other sleeping brother Sabo who was sleeping in the third division right now. Doing the exact same thing Luffy felt very proud of himself but not quite satisfied. Deciding that if he was going to make this night the best night ever he would need to prank the pranking king himself. Sneaking now towards the fourth division Luffy grinned wickedly at the plans he had for his older brother. He opened Thatch's door and crept in slowly but was grabbed around the waist and tickled in the stomach making him laugh loudly.

"St-stop Haha I-I'm so- Haha sorry!" Luffy laughed out falling down to the floor and smiling up at his brother who looked down at Luffy with his arm's crossed.

"Who gave you permission to pull pranks...?" He started making Luffy frown slightly before Thatch continued "Without me of course." Luffy's smile returned.

"I drew all over Ace and Sabo's faces." He said happily but Thatch shook his head.

"That's it? Let an old pro show you how it's done m'boy." Thatch said helping the kid up.

"I was going to draw on your face." Luffy admitted to his brother who smirked at him.

"I know." Thatch replied making Luffy tilt his head in confusion.

"I wouldn't prank the commanders just yet kid, we all sensed you the moment you left your room." He said and Luffy's eyes widened.

"How?" Luffy asked in awe and Thatch rolled his eyes.

"Our observation Haki told us, I can guarantee Marco has one eye open this very moment wondering what is going on." Thatch laughed knowing how protective the man could be.

"Then we need a plan to get them all to stay asleep even when we're awake..." Luffy said placing his finger and thumb under his chin trying to think.

"Oh?" Thatch was interested.

"Let's prank every division Commander." Luffy said his eyes gleaming in the moon light and Thatch couldn't help but smile back.

"Now how do you plan to do that one kid?" He sat down on the deck and listened to Luffy talk about his plan while Thatch nodded his head and added the more important details into it.

"This just might be the greatest idea I have heard in a long time..." Thatch said proudly while ruffling up Luffy's hair affectionately.

"I know right? Should we ask Ace and Sabo to help?" Luffy wasn't sure if his brothers would be interested or not.