Chapter 58: Meet the Liar, Bonds Formed

The Beginnings of a Future Pirate King
Chapter 58: Meet the Liar, Bonds Formed
🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

"Look directly into every mirror. Realize our reflection is the first sentence to a story, and our story starts: We were here."―Shane Koyczan

Usopp stood stunned at the top of the hill where three other very young boys were hiding behind a tree watching their brave captain deal with these out siders.

"W-what do you mean you know me? Wait! I mean of course you know me! My name and ferocity has been spoken all around the world!" Luffy chuckled the boy was just like his father.

"My name's Luffy, you're Yasopp's son right?" Luffy asked and Sabo looked at Luffy silently wondering what his brother had in mind.

The boy Usopp hearing his father's name stumbled and slid down the hill landing right in front of Luffy his brown eyes looking at the kid in front of him hopeful after hearing his father's name.

"You know my dad?" He asked Luffy who let out his signature laugh.

"Of course I know him! He sails under a famous captain that I admire, Shanks." He said taking his hat off and holding it in front of him.

"My dad sails with Shanks? The Red haired Shanks?" Usopp whispered in awe and Luffy laughed.

"Yeah last I saw them he was still there. Your dad's a really good sharp shooter." Luffy said remembering the man and all he could do.

"But how did you know I'm his son?" Usopp asked before Sabo could get the chance to.

"Your dad told me enough stories about you to make my ears bleed." Luffy laughed out and Usopp felt tears brimming in his eyes.

"My dad talks about me." He said happily wishing he knew the man. "Please! Tell me everything!" Usopp cried out to Luffy who laughed a lot more.

"Sure thing." And they both went to sit down under a small tree by the beach side away from the sun to have their conversation.

Sabo who had been standing beside Luffy felt a little left out there but it was also the first time he had really had the opportunity to watch Luffy meet other people. He knew of the girl Nami since she took all his cash but he didn't see them meet. It was the same with Sanji since he saw them interact later but he wasn't around for when they became friends. Luffy did mention a swordsman but goodness if they knew how they met! Was this how Luffy made his friends by just being himself?

Ace who had been sitting with his feet in the water smiled softly. From all of the people he had seen become friends with Luffy he knew they would be trust worthy. Sabo sighed and sat down beside Ace who laughed at his brother.

"What's so funny anchor?" Sabo asked Ace using Luffy's old nick-name accidently.

"You're worrying too much." He smiled and Sabo raised a brow before slipping his feet into the cold blue.

"And you're not?" He asked Ace who shook his head.

"He'll be alright he's finding his Nakama." Ace said and Sabo felt confused.

"What happened to only wanting him only for ourselves?" Sabo asked him sarcastically and Ace laughed.

"Luffy will always be our brother that won't change but...to be honest it's kind of relieving..." He said and Sabo tilted his head carefully looking at Ace.

"It's relieving to know that no matter what happens now Luffy is making reliable friends that we can count on." Ace finished hoping Sabo would understand.