Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

I had drunken alcohol before. What teenager hadn't experimented a time or two? But never had I'd consumed so much that the next morning my insides felt hollowed out and my head pounded so badly that it felt like my eyeballs were going to pop out. When I first woke, I kept my eyes shut just in case.

I rolled over onto my side and pulled my knees up to my stomach. Just that slight movement caused a wave of nausea to roll over me. I smacked my lips. The taste in my mouth was so rancid I couldn't even describe it. Sour milk, moldy cheese, rotten potatoes... these were the images popping up in my mind when thinking about it.

And that caused another tsunami of nausea to flood me.

I squeezed my eyes shut, put a hand over my mouth and prayed nothing was going to spew out.

A knock came at my door. It opened and my mom poked her head in. "Daisy, are you feeling okay? It's two in the afternoon."

I groaned in answer.

My mom came all the way in and sat on the edge of her bed next to me. "You must have the flu. It's going around."

I moaned again, and pulled my tucked legs up even closer to my chest. I could almost touch my boobs with my knees. When I moved, alcohol vapors wafted to my nose. This made me gag again. I opened my eyes and looked at my mom. She had to smell my hangoverness. It was like I was an alcohol and vomit dipped Daisy.

"Here take this."

She handed me two Tylenols and a glass of blissfully cold water.

I sat up, dropped the pills in my mouth and drank half the glass of water in three big gulps. The water soothed my mouth and my throat so well that I guzzled the rest down and handed my mom the empty glass.

"Get some more rest." She left the room and shut the door behind her.

I rolled over and tucked myself into another ball. Tears welled in my eyes from the pounding in my head. My cell phone zipped letting me know I had a text message. I didn't want to see who messaged me. I just wanted to evaporate under the covers and never have to deal again. With anything.

My phone zipped again.

Poking my arm out from the covers, I fumbled for my phone which was on my night table. I brought it under the blanket with me and looked to see who had texted.

Paige: We should talk

Dylan: WTF is wrong with you? I heard about the party

I didn't answer any of them back.

"You can't hide you know."

I pulled the cover down from my face to see Haven sitting in the corner of the room, picking at the frayed hem of her kneesock.

"You're never going to be able to hide ever again. You crossed the line, Daisy darling."

I rolled onto my other side so I didn't have to look at Haven. But she was there in the other corner, shaking her head in disappointment, her blond waves brushing her shoulders. She got to her feet and walked over to the bed.

"At first I thought it was kinda cute, you making friends with Paige and Jenna, but now," she scrunched her nose, "I think you're maybe a bit sick in the head."

"Fuck you," I mumbled.

Haven feathered her fingers over my cheek. "Oh babe, you are completely and utterly messed up."