NateWantsToBattle x Reader~ I Remember Now

Nate's P.O.V

I'm having the same dream. Again. But this time it's different. I'm at a playground, and i'm- WAIT! I'm a kid! I'm like, 12 or something! "Nathan! Nathan come on! Mom's getting us taco bell!" I heard a female voice. "W-W-Who are you..?" I stuttered out. Man I must be a tomato... She's beautiful! But why do I feel like I know her... "Did ye bonk your head or something? It's me! Y/N!" She said, an Irish accent leaking out a bit. "O-O-Oh ya! Heh, sorry, i'm a bit t-tired" I said. Dammit! I keep stuttering! "Nate, you keep stuttering. You good fam?" She said, but her Irish accent's gone now. I chuckled when she said fam. "Yea i'm alright. Let's go get taco bell!" I sprinted off. "Nate! Wait up! Ye were off like ah cheetah!" She said, lagging behind a bit. Shoot! I forgot, we're only 12... I must not usually be this fast, I should slow down to her speed. "Heh, sorry Y/N, just excited for Taco Bell I guess! Heh, ya.." I nervously said. She's looking at me weird, I think she's catching on. She's grabbing me by the collar of my shirt... we're really close... *End dream*

I sat up quickly. Who was that...? I know her name is Y/N, but why did she appear in my dream...? Ugh, maybe I should go record a video. *About 15 minutes of recording and editing later* Whew! Finally! I'm done. I'm gonna go out side. I slipped on my shoes and stepped outside, taking in my surroundings. Nothing out of the ordinary. Except today, there's a girl wearing a NateWantsToBattle shirt, with some of the lyrics from mangled on it. She looks familiar. OH MY GOD! It's her! It's the girl from my dream! But older! She looks about my age. I think she saw me. She looked over, and her eyes widened slightly. I waved a smiled a weird doofy smile thing. I don't know if it was even a smile. She smiled and waved back, blushing a bit. I wonder why she blushed... she looked at me one final time, before frowning and walking away with her head down. I really want to learn more about her... I went back inside my house, checking the time. Holy! 9:30! I should go to bed.

*dream*

I was walking around when I saw the girl from earlier. Except we're 12. Again... She came up to me, and lifted my chin. I began blushing like a tomato. "Do you remember me?" She asked. I didn't want to be rude... "Uhh... Yea! Of course, heh..." I stuttered. She frowned a bit. Shoot! "I know you're lying Nate, this is a dream. Now, again. Do you remember me?" She said in a caring voice. No use lying to her then... "No, I don't. Should I remember you...?" She sighed sadly and looked down. "We were best friends, in 6th grade... you promised you would never forget me... remember? We even made each other bracelets... That was when you said you would never forget about me." She said, holding out her arm, to show a green rope bracelet. I looked at her confused. I had completely forgotten that I had the bracelet on until she grabbed my arm. and held my wrist beside hers. We did in fact, have matching bracelets. It wasn't until I looked up from our wrists, until I noticed she was crying. Her knees collapsed beneath her and I bent down to her height. "Hey hey, it's ok! Don't cry, it hurts me on the inside when you cry... please stop..." I said. Then it all came flooding back. The first day of school. She was sitting there, crying. I walked over to her and hugged her, and said those very same words. Then I gasped. I remember now! "Now I remember..." I said. She looked up, eyes still glossy from tears, and she smiled the most beautiful smile i'd ever seen. She hugged me tightly.

*end dream*

I bolted upright again. I need to find her. I need to find Y/N. She must live here! I quickly put on my shoes and rushed outside. Something told me she'd be at the cafe... I hurried in the direction of the cafe, and sure enough, there she was. That beautiful smile that could light up the whole world. She was sitting alone at a booth staring out the window. It was my turn to order, so I ordered just a coffee (IDK WHAT NATE LIKES PLEASE DONT KILL MEEEEEE) I made my way over to her booth, and the words simply rolled off my tongue as if I had rehearsed them millions of times. "Mind if I sit here" She jumped a little bit and looked me, eyes widening a bit just as they did yesterday, before her beautiful voice spoke "N-No, of c-c-course not..." She stuttered, blushing a bit. I nodded in thanks and took a seat. I finally mustered up the courage to speak. "So, what's your name?" she looked surprised, and she spoke. "Y-You want to know... my n-name...? I nodded. "I mean, if you don't mind me asking..." I said, hoping I didn't say something wrong. "No no, I don't mind, it's just that... I don't understand why someone as great as you is talking to a low-life like me..." She said. I can't believe she thinks that of herself! I gently put my hand on top of hers. She jumped in surprise and looked at me. I spoke with sudden confidence. "You are not a low-life, and don't think you are anything of the sort. You are beautiful. Don't let anyone tell you less." I said, not meaning or knowing WHY I called her beautiful. She blushed and began speaking. "My names Y/N." I smiled, then quickly frowned. "I saw you yesterday. If it's not to much trouble to ask, why did you frown and walk away yesterday after you saw me?" I asked, hoping she wouldn't get upset or anything. She spoke softly. "No no, I don't mind. You probably wont believe me, but it's just that... well... I don't know if you remember, but we were best friends when we were in 6th grade. When you smiled and waved at me, I thought there might have been a chance you remembered me. But when I waved back, I realized, no. He probably doesn't remember me. It's been to long." She finished, in tears

Your P.O.V

"No. He probably doesn't remember me. It's been to long." I finished in tears. He looked at me in a strange way. Great, my childhood friend and crush probably thinks i'm insane. He got up, probably to leave, but he sat beside me and hugged me. Then he said the same words I thought I would never hear again. "Hey hey, it's ok! Don't cry, it hurts me on the inside when you cry... please stop..." I looked up at him, and smiled. He then did what I least expected. He smashed his lips onto mine, and everything felt like it was in slow motion. I was surprised at first, but then I relaxed into the kiss. I never wanted this to end. But then this evil 'lil thing called oxygen was needed. We broke apart and he smiled, still holding me in his warm arms.

Nate's P.O.V

I kissed her. I finally kissed her. At first she was surprised and I began panicking on the inside. Did I mess up? Does she hate me? Does she not like it? Were all that was going through my head, before she relaxed into the kiss. Then my mortal enemy yet best friend, Oxygen interrupted. We broke apart, heads still touching, and we smiled. I began speaking, while still smiling "I remember now"

THANK YOU FOR READING! I'm sorry if this was really bad, this was my first fanfiction. But otherwise, I hope you enjoyed it!