chapter 2

Zake's p.o.v.

"Aly?" Zake called from the bottom of the stairs. "Come on. Someone is coming in just a half an hour. Lets eat."

Aly ran down the hall and stopped at the stairs. "Is it Steff?"

"No, it's someone else."

She sighed. "Otay."

They ate and cleaned up the family room for the meeting. Just as they finished the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" Aly shouted and ran to the door. Zake scanned over the room once then turned to follow her. "Steff!"

"What!" He said coming to the entrance.

"Aly!" She said. Zake looked confused.

"Daddy you liar!" Aly said hugging Steff. It was a tough blow right to the feels.

________________

Steff's p.o.v.

When Aly answered the door Steff's  heart caught in her chest. "Steff!"

"Aly!" Aly hugged Steff's legs and she picked her up to hug her. Zake came and looked at them with a confused face.

"What?" He said.

"Daddy you liar!" Aly said. And Zake looked hurt.

"Oh, now that's not nice." Steff defended him.

"He said you were nit coming." Aly said hugging Steff tighter, she pretended to gag and Aly loosened her grip.

"It was a surprise." She said putting Aly down.

"How'd you get my address?" Zake asked.

"Oh, right." Steff felt a sudden nervousness take her. "I'm here for the nanny gig?"

"Nanny!" Aly shouted.

"Oh, yes!" Zake nodded. "Come in." He led her to the family room.

"I love your dress!" Aly piped.

Steff looked down at herself. She wore a red knee length plaid skirt with red suspenders and a black pullover. Her shoes were the same red converses she wore yesterday. They're the only good shoes she has.

"Thanks. I like yours too." Steff said. Aly wore a pink sundress with a picture of strawberry shortcake on the sash.

"Tanks. Granada JJ given it to me." She said hopping up on the couch.

"Take a seat." Zake offered. Steff sat by Aly and Zake sat on the couch opposite of them. "Okay. So you have a little experience with kids?" Steff nodded. "Good. Well it seems she likes you already." Aly was climbing on to Steff's shoulders.

"Piggy ride!!" She giggled

Steff laughed. "Yeah."

"Any criminal record."

"Does taking candy from gramp's shop count?" That made him laugh.

"No. I don't think so."

They both laughed. "Then nope I'm clean."

"Okay. You are aware its a live in?" She nodded and pulled Aly of her back onto her lap and tickled her. Aly laughed like a crazy animal making them laugh again.

"I live with my friend Addy and I think she's getting annoyed." He laughed again. 

"Okay then you're hired." He said as she tickled Aly again.

"Wait really?" She looked up.

"Yeah. We don't want to drive your friend mad." They both laughed even more.