Chapter 13

Steff's pov

When he left she fell asleep and dreamed of him, Aly, and herself living in her house. He kissed her and teased her as normal she almost thought it was real until he knelt on one knee. 

She woke and gripped her blanket to her chest. Her clock said 5:50 a.m. 45 minutes early. she took this time to shower and dress. she grabbed a sky blue short sleeved  blouse and a pair of black slacks, holding them up as she looked in the mirror.

"I can't wear this." She sighed, tossed them onto her bed and went back to her closet. She picked a pair of black Bahama  shorts and a red tank. Her shorts had old stains that couldn't come out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She worked till 10:00 p.m. taking orders, baking, and filing papers. She half expected Zake to stop by but he didn't. After she finished she went up to her apartment, showered and got into her sheep pj's. She looked at the outfit on her bed and sighed. she put it in her closet and turned the t.v. on. 

Her phone buzzed just as she sat on her bed. She smiled at the ID.

Zake: Hey.

Steff: Hey. What's up?

Zake: Can I ask you a favor? It's kinda important.

Steff: Depends...

Zake: Tomorrow is Aly's first day of kindergarten and I have a court order tomorrow and it might go for a couple days or weeks depending on the person who is suing us.

Steff: Hold up!!! You never told me that! What are they suing for?!?! 

Zake: They are wanting 1 million and are taking my part of my dad's company, and my house because I can't afford it. It's Mr. Greenburg,  by the way. 

Steff: NO!!!!! You're kidding, right?

Zake: No, can Aly stay with you until it's over, please. I'll be so stressed and it will affect her and make her crash.

Steff: Of course. And if you don't win I have a place for you.  

Zake: Thank you. That's why I love you. You're always caring.

Steff: Thanks and I love you too. <3

Zake: <3  I have to go now. I'll bring her over in the morning at 6 a.m. and you'll have to take her to school at 8 and pick her up at 4:30 p.m. She goes to sleep at 8 p.m. now.

Steff: Zake breath. Go to sleep and you can tell me the rest in the morning. okay?

Zake: Right. Goodnight. I love you.

Steff: Night. Love you too. bye

She hung up before he could say anything else. She fell asleep two hours later. Tossing and turning for most of the night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zake's pov

He knocked on her deck door at six sharp. Aly slept in his arms and he had her night bag in the other hand. Steff came still in her pj's. "Hey." She said in a raspy voice.

"Good morning." He said and leaned down to kiss her lips but she turned and he kissed her cheek.

"I have sleepy breath" she blushed. "Is it really morning?" She said and let him in.

 He laughed. "I forgot how cute you are in the mornings." She lead him to her room and let him put Aly on her bed. Her room was cleaner than he expected. "Thank you." He sighed. "I slept in peace knowing Aly wouldn't get hurt to much while I am figuring this out." 

"I'm sorry he's doing this to you. It's my fault." She leaned against her closet door. "He wants me and he's going after you. Ugh I just-" He put his hands on her hips.

"Little does he know it is only bringing us closer." He said and grabbed the back of her head and kissed her, not caring if her breath tasted bad and it didn't. He pulled apart. "Your sleepy breath tastes like strawberries." He said making her blush. He kissed her again and didn't want to leave her.

She pushed his chest. "Zake." She sighed when he trailed kisses on her neck. "Zake, you're going to be late" 

"Right." He stopped and gave her one more kiss on the lips.

"Go!" She said pushing him out the door. He turned to give Aly a kiss before he left and gave Steff one more. "Okay! I'll stop now or else never. Bye." He turned to leave then stopped. "She eats lunch at school and might need a healthy snack after school."

"ZAKE!!" She pushed him more. "Go now!" 

"I'm going. I'm going." He finally left and hurried to his car. It was now 6:40 and he had 20 minutes left. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steff's pov

Dhe woke Aly up at 7 and got her dressed in her uniform. It was a blue and black plaid skirt, white blouse,  blue blazer and black tie. She looked like a college student. She combed her hair in two loose ponytails. She had to get a picture of Aly's first day then they ate eggs in the bakery and then left. 

Mark took over today because Addy's water broke last night. Steff had just said goodnight to Zake when she got the news. After she dropped Aly off she went to the hospital. She stayed there till 4 p.m. and remembered she had to get Aly. On her way to the school she stopped at a printing press and had them work on the pictures of Aly and Zake that she had on her phone. 

Aly ran to hug Steff when she saw her tights were ripped on the knee ad she had blood staining them red. "Aly!" she said and bent to see her cut was big but not to big that she needed stitches. "What on earth happened?!" Aly only pointed to a group of teenagers.

"They called me a nerd so I kicked them and they pushed me so I tripped them." Steff tried not to laugh. She noticed their knees were bleeding as well. A lady approached Steff and she stood up straight.

"5are you Alyssa's mother?" She asked

"No," steff said still holding in her laugh. "I'm her na- her father's friend."

"Girlfriend!" Aly piped.

"Stefanie." she introduced.

"i'5m Mrs. Lenox, the principle here." The lady said. "She was pushed down a few minutes ago and then she tripped them. She tripped teenagers." She sounded amused. 

"Yeah," Steff let out a chuckle. "She is not a fan of being hurt."

"I can tell. I just thought I'd explain the blood and cut."

"Thanks." Steff instantly thought of what he might thing. "Um, I think we shouldn't tell her father yet. He's already stressed enough and I don't want him to crash. Please?" She nodded "Thank you. Here." She took a card out of her pocket. "The top one is my bakery number and the bottom is my personal. Please call me before you call Zake, if for any reason. Just for the next few weeks."

"Okay. It was nice to meet you."

"You too. Bye."

"Bye."

The lady left and Aly and Steff went home. She cleaned Aly up and put a band-aid on her cut. They then got a snack of gram crackers, peanut butter, honey and a cup of milk. At 7:30 Zake texted her saying to skype him.