chapter 11

Steff 's p.o.v.

A week after she ran out on him, Steff got another nanny job. This one was a woman with a six year old boy named, Isack. He didn't like her and he is a snot. Luckily this job isn't a live in gig.

When she got home every night she fell right asleep hugging a pillow. Some nights she cried herself to sleep.

In the mornings she woke up and went to work. She didn't even bother to eat before she left. She got a coffee from the cafe on her way. Anytime she saw a jeep that looked like his she ducked her head. She hardly talked. She never laughed. It hurt to much.

On her way home one day she passed a bakery that had a for sell sign. The amount was big. But she had enough it was 45'000.

Steff had saved every penny that Zake paid her. And he returned the money he borrowed. She called the number on the sign.

Man: Hello?

Steff: Hi. I'm calling about the bakery. I want it.

Man: Really? Oh sweet. When can you meet with me.

Steff: I'm free right now.

Man: Cool, meet me at the cafe on-

She went to the cafe he said and saw a man sitting with a laptop and loads of paperwork.

"Hey!" He said. "Are you the buyer, of the bakery?" She nodded. "Thought so." She took a seat.

They talked and she signed the papers. She wrote out a check and gave it to him.

"I here by deem you the owner of the bakery." He said and she laughed. "And the apartment above as well." He stood. "Thank you so much. I needed the money for college and hospital bills."

"Hospital?" She looked at him.

"Yeah." He looked down. "My mother had a tumour in her brain. They had to do surgery and now she's has to do therapy." He laughed. "She hates it." He gave her the keys. "So thank you."

"Yeah." She smiled. "When I get it started you can have a 10% discount."

"Thanks." He smiled.

________________________________
Zake's p.o.v.

On Zake's way home he stopped at the cafe where he and Steff had their first date. He went to the counter and ordered coffee and pie. When he turned to leave he saw Steff sitting at a table with a man they stood up and talked more then he gave her a set of keys.

She looked beautiful. Her hair pulled up in a pony tail curled as it fell against her neck. She had a red sundress and her red converses she wore on the first day. When Aly spilled ice cream on her. He noticed a small stain where the spill had landed.

The man she was talking to left and she followed. She went the opposite way of the man.

Zake left and went home. Not caring to wonder. Aly ran to the door. "Daddy!" She sang. "I saw Steff today. She was walking home."

"I saw her too." GG came into the entryway.

"You did?"

"Yeah." He said. "She was with someone.?"

___________________________

Steff

Two months later Steff's bakery was up and running. She named it "Heart's Tarts" Addy and Steff both bake. She hired other people to work on other things.

Steff was at the counter taking orders when she heard a little girls voice calling her name.

"Steff!" Aly ran and ducked under the flap she ran right to her.

"Aly!" Steff lifted her up and hugged her. She looked around for Zake and saw him coming in. "Oh I missed you. So much."

"So did I!" She sang. "And so did daddy."

"Hey Zake." She smiled at him. One of her employees took over for her and she went over to Zake. "How are you?" Steff put Aly down and she went to look at the display of cakes.

"I'm good." He smiled. "And you."

She leaped into a hug he held her back and lifted her up just a bit. "I missed you something fierce."

"I missed you too." He hugged her tighter.

"Daddy!" Aly squealed breaking the beautiful moment. "Can I have a cupcake?" They laughed.

"Yeah." He said. "How much is it for two?"

"I'll give it to you for free." She said taking two off the display. "Don't tell anyone."

"Thanks." He gave one to Aly and looked at Steff. "So what does your boyfriend do?"

"Boyfriend.?" She looked at him. "Well my last boyfriend owned a company. I don't know if he still does though." She teased.

"Nah." He waved a hand. "It was to much. He gave it to a man named Mr. Greenberg. Well sold it."

They laughed. "Wait, really?"

He nodded. "Yeah. But turns out no one wants someone who just dropped a company on someone's lap. So as of this month I'm jobless."

"Really?"

"Yeah." He shrugged. "But I see you're doing good."

"Yeah. When I was a kid Addy and I always wanted to run a bakery. And here we are." She motioned around. "She came up with the name. And I'm beginning to see why."

"Yeah? Why?" She looked at him and he smiled. "She knew? About us?"

"Yeah." Steff chuckled. "She knew all along. When I left Scott and I had to hold her down. She wanted to-"

"You!" Addy yelled as if on cue. "You broke her! I told you if you break her then I'll break you!"

"Addison!" Steff stopped her. "No! I'm fixed! See? I'm fixed!" She calmed.

"No that." She glared at him. And pointed at Steff. "That is not fixed. Her fixed is a reporter for the newspaper. Not a baker. Not a nanny. Kiss her! Now, to wake her up. Be her stupid price charming!" She stopped yelling and Zake looked at Steff.

"I don't think a kiss could heal the rest of you." He whispered. Scott came out of the back room and laughed at his wife.

"Addy, leave the poor guys alone." He took her arm. "You know you're not supposed to stress yourself." Addy sighed and went back to work.

"So that was something else." Zake chuckled.

"Yeah." Steff looked at Aly. Her face was smeared with frosting. "She's pregnant so she is very emotional."

"She is?" Zake said. "Well tell her congratulations."