chapter 3

Steff's p.o.v.

They talked for another hour when Aly ran up to them saying she's tired. Zake picked her up and not ten seconds later she was out like a light.

"You should get her home." She said.

"Yeah. Okay." He nodded. They went to his jeep and he buckled her in. "Where does your friend live I'll drive you?" He asked. He looked a bit tired himself.

Not wanting to be a burden she shook her head. "I'll call a cab."

"No!" He said. "I-I mean, no I don't trust them."

"I took a cab to your house. It's fine. It's how I get around." She shrugged.

"Please, I insist." He gave her a smile.

"Fine." She said and got in the passenger seat. She told him where Addy's loft is and he drove there. They talked quietly, not wanting to wake Aly.

When they pulled up at Addy's loft. She thanked him and went to the back seat window, it was rolled down. "Goodnight Aly." She whispered. "See you in a couple of days." From the corner of her eyes she saw Zake smile. "Goodnight Zake."

"Yeah." He nodded. "Night."

She went inside to find Addy sitting on the couch waiting for her. "So? Did you get the job?" She asked.

"Yeah." She nodded. "Now, night."

_______________

Zake's p.o.v.

If it were still daytime she might have seen him blush. Why is he blushing?! He thought to himself.

He got home and put Aly to bed and went to the kitchen. He thought of attempting to do the dishes.

He shrugged it off and went to bed. That night he dreamt of Aly, Steff, and himself having a picnic.

_________________

The next morning Zake was awakened my Aly jumping on his bed. "Morning princess." He said pushing himself up.

His phone rang at that moment.

Zake: Yeah?

Mr. Dlak: where are you?

Zake: Oh snap! I'm so sorry sir I'll be there in thirty.

Mr. Dlak: okay hurry.

Zake: Yes sir. I just have to call the new nanny. Bye.

He hung up before he could say anything. Aly knew what that meant.

"Steff!!!" She looked at him and he nodded. She ran to the door. He got dressed as fast as he could. When he finished he dialed Steff's number. A tired voice answered.

Steff: Ugh Addy I'm up!

Zake:(Laughing) Hello to you to.

Steff: Oh crap. Sorry I thought-

Zake: It's cool. But I was wondering if you could take Aly today. She can go to your loft. I'll drop her off if it's okay.

Steff: Hey breath. Are you okay?

Zake: Yeah I just got called in and Mr. Dlak hates waiting. Please?

Steff: Yeah. Just bring her over.

Zake: Thanks. Oh my gosh thanks. I owe you.

Steff: Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna hold that to you.

Zake: Okay I'll be there in fifteen.

Steff: Kay. Bye.

Zake: Thanks. Bye

He and Aly went down stairs and got their shoes on. They were just about to leave when he heard thunder from outside.

"No. No. No." He said and shoved his rain coat and boots on. Then helped Aly. They ran out guarding their normal shoes with their coats.

When they got to Steff's loft they rushed to the door. She wore a blue tank that said "baa-est counter" and had a sheep on it. Her bottoms were thin shorts with more sheep on them. She looked a bit tired in her PJ's

"Steff!" Aly said hugging her and getting rain on her. "Oh, sowwy. I gotten you wet."

"It's okay. I'm going to change soon." She looked at Zake.

"Thanks so much." He said again.

"Say thanks again today and I'll make your payment worse." He nodded. "Get! You're going to be late."

"Right!" He hesitated then ran to his jeep.

____________________

Steff's p.o.v.

Steff was just about to get dressed when the bell rang. She rushed to the door and opened it. Zake was a mess.

When he left she watched as his jeep drove away. Then shut the door and took Aly's wet coat and boots off and set them to dry. She sat Aly in front of the TV and went to get dressed.

Aly came in her room just as she finished buttoning her jeans. "I'm hungry." She said

"Okay princess lets see what we have. Come on" she took Aly's hand and lead her to the kitchen. "Do you want pancakes or muffins?" She asked.

"Pancakes!!!" Aly yelled.

"Okay." Steff smiled and got to work. First she played Disney's songs, then started the batter.

When they'd finished eating Zake called her. She answered and put it on speaker.

Steff: Ohlo (in a funny accent. Aly giggled.)

Zake: (laughing too) How is she.

Steff: Who? Oh. She fell in the dishwasher. And went to candy land. (With accent.)

Zake: What!?!?

Steff: (and Aly laughing) I'm joking. She's fine. (Normal)

Zake: Oh thank goodness

Aly: Ohlo daddy!!

Zake: (laughing) Hey princess.

Aly: Are you done working already?

Zake: No. At three I'll come get you. I just wanted to see how you are.

Aly: I'm good. We are dancing.

Zake: Really? Sounds fun.

Aly: Yeah so when you come home we can dance more. Oh! We can play the dance game on the wii!

Zake: Yeah let's do that. Steff will dance too.

Aly: Yeah

Steff: No!

Zake: We'll see. I have to go bye bye baby. Bye Steff.

Steff and Aly: Bye!

Steff felt herself blushing. "Okay. Aly I have to pack up. Do you want to help?"

"Yeah." Aly ran to her room. They danced and packed all morning. For lunch they ate PB&J sandwiches.

In the afternoon Aly watched Disney and Steff finished packing. It was 2:30 when she finished. She went in to watch with Aly. Not ten minutes later they were asleep.

The doorbell woke Steff but Aly only stirred. She got up and opened it. The rain had stopped and Zake stood in the door way.

"Where is she." He said loudly. Steff shushed him and pointed to the couch. "Oh, sorry." He whispered. "Are you packed and ready." She nodded. He looked hansom in his work clothes. "Okay, lets go." They hauled her things then went back for Aly.