Umbrella Scene

The once blue skies were now covered with gray clouds as rain began pouring down.

Adrien stood in front of the entryway at school to avoid being soaked. The one time he didn't bring an umbrella and it decides to rain. He really did have bad luck.

The blond boy looked out to see his home. It wasn't far from the school, but he would still end up soaked.

Marinette slowly came walking out to see the rain falling. She took out her umbrella and stood by the entryway too to wait for her ride. She paused for a moment when she saw Adrien and decided to start a conversation.

"Uh... Hi." Marinette said, only to be ignored by Adrien.

Marinette sighed from his action and opened her umbrella, and hanging it over her head.

"Listen... I was only trying to take the chewing gum off your seat. I promise." she explained with a soft tone in her voice.

Adrien stood there, staring at her in surprise. He could see her slightly hurt and it made him feel sick to his stomach. Maybe she was telling the truth when he saw her at the scene of the crime.

"I never been to school before. I've never had any real friends. This is all sort of... New to me."

It fell silence between the two again that the only thing you could hear was the rain fall. Adrien wanted to say something, but he was to stunned to say or do anything in the moment.

Marinette gave him a kind smile and turned her body to face him.

She held the hand holding the umbrella closer to him, offering it to him.

Adrien shook his head.

"I can't. You'll get wet." Adrien protested.

Marinette smiled. "It's okay, Adrien."

She grabbed one of his hands and placed her umbrella in it. Adrien didn't know why, but he felt a sudden spark when her hand touched his. They stood like that for a moment as Adrien was staring into her blue eyes until his sight changed to darkness when the umbrella closer over him.

Marinette let out a small gasp but couldn't help but laugh. The closing umbrella was honestly something she that would've happened to her. Adrien got the umbrella off him and his embarrassed face was replaced with a smile and he began to laugh along with her.

Her laugh was like music to his ears. Her laugh could be his new favorite song.

When they both calmed down, Marinette saw her car pull up and gave Adrien a smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow."

She began walking down the stairs while Adrien just stood there, unable to get a word out.

"Y-Yeah! I'll s-see you to-tomo-tomorrow." Adrien called out, but then muttered to himself. "Why am I stammering so much?"

Plagg popped his head out of Adrien's over-shirt pocket and had an amused smile on his face.

"Way to go, lover boy." Plagg teased.

Adrien could feel his cheeks heat and rolled his eyes at his kwami. "Ha ha very funny."

As Marinette was walking, Tikki popped her head out of Marinette's purse.

"Boy he sure was cute. Are we going to have a new couple in Paris?" Tikki smiled.

Marinette let out a small giggle. "Tikki, he's just a friend." she paused for a moment when she heard her say those words out loud, letting out a small gasp and smile. "A friend..."

She looked back to take one last glance at Adrien with a bigger smile forming on her face.

She got in the car and drove off. Adrien sighed to himself with a smile on his face and headed home.

The two teens weren't aware that an old man. The same old man who they've both helped out and gave them their miraculouses were watching in the rain under an umbrella. He was with his green kwami who was floating next to him as he and the old man, Master Fu, were both watching with smiles on their faces.

"Excellent choice, master." the green kwami complemented.

Master Fu smiled at what happened between the two teens from their first battle together to their moment in the rain.

"Those two were made for each other."

I just love the umbrella scene so much that I had to write this. Anyways I really liked writing this and I'm still debating if this should be a one shot or if I should continue. I guess we'll find out later. I hope you enjoyed this story as much as I liked writing it.