Melissa & Phil

Melissa McCall was a rebel (as a teenager, of course). But now- now she's a grown woman trying to make ends meet and helping out an eighteen year old alpha werewolf that is not the son of her soulmate. While she had made many mistakes as a teenager, entering a relationship with an Unmarked was not one of them. Well, Rafael and the marriage to him was a big mistake, but having her son Scott would never ever be a mistake in her eyes even if she had wished to have waited for her true other half to have him.

"McCall! I got a patient for you."

"Mhm. On it," she calls out around a mouthful of salad, hand hovering inches from her lips so nothing comes flying out as a clipboard gets slid her direction. "Such a relief that was my last bite, huh sweetie?"

Scott stands across from him mom, shoveling the last bite of his burger into his mouth with a grin. "Yeah, but now you have to keep that down while dealing with your patient. Better hope it's not blood and guts."

Melissa pauses, wiping the bit of salad dressing from the corner of her mouth before scowling at her son. "Thank you for the mental picture. If I throw up all over his wounds, I'm blaming you."

Scott laughs as he collects their trash, his phone blaring from his pocket. "I better get going. That's probably Stiles calling about the possible new hunters in town."

"Okay. Be careful."

"I'll try my best."

Scott leans over the raised desk, planting an overly dramatic kiss to his mother's cheek that have the other nurses awwing and cooing as he makes his retreat. When Melissa finally gathers up the file she'd been given, the same nurse who'd given it to her sidles up to her side.

"The patient is a government official," the blonde nurse tells Melissa. "He's sustained severe wounds from a mountain lion and they wish to keep everything on the down low. Since your ex was government, we figured you'd be better equipped to deal with their protocols."

"Gee, thanks," Melissa deadpans as she reads over her soon-to-be patient's vitals and injuries. "Anything else I should know?"

"Just that his senior agent is with him and my God, woman, they're both handsome!"

Barking a quick laugh, Melissa closes the file in hand. She fishes out her stethoscope from her scrub shirt's pocket and drapes it around it her neck. "Cool it, Janie, or the hubby's gonna second guess not putting a leash on you."

Melissa leaves Janie when the elder woman merely shrugs and winks in response, she following the hallway down several doors until she makes a left into a private room. Since her patient is government, they'd given him privacy instead of setting him out in the large room where beds were separated by curtains.

When she enters the room, her patient is just stripping out of a black tactical vest which leaves him in a black sleeveless undershirt and black tactical pants with numerous pockets. She stumbles when she sees him undoing his belt, the rather handsome gentleman smirking as he hands over said belt and numerous weapons to the man in a blue suit.

"Excuse him, he flirts with anything standing on two legs."

She startles at the suit's words, the clipboard falling and clattering on the tile floor as she turns a wide-eyed stare on him. He's handsome as well, not as tan or as young as her patient, but handsome just the same even with his receding hairline and blue eyes. "My m-mark faded a couple years back. You're supposed to be dead!"

Even dead, Melissa had always wondered what she would have said to her soulmate and the words that ended up flying out of her mouth were not it.

"A nurse, Phil? Nice," the patient smirks again, green eyes crinkling in amusement. "Think of all the role play-"