Stiles & Caroline

Author's Note: Timelines are a tricky thing so when Caroline turned off her emotions, I'm gonna put her age at "twenty". As for Stiles, he'll be nineteen in this.

Caroline Forbes is sitting in the middle of her newly purchased home, surrounded by what little possessions she'd managed to pack up from her home in Mystic Falls

Caroline Forbes is sitting in the middle of her newly purchased home, surrounded by what little possessions she'd managed to pack up from her home in Mystic Falls. (Beacon Hills, California is the furthest she could get away from Mystic Falls without actually leaving the country- and believe her, she tried- but a layover in California had her completely changing her plans and wandering around. Then driving into Beacon Hills, a feeling of right-ness and content filled her, and Caroline couldn't find it in her to leave. It was like she'd been led here and after finding a quaint little home, she decided to put down her first root by purchasing/compelling herself a home.)

So far, Beacon Hills proved to be a decent small town, but not as active as Mystic Falls was. In Falls, everyone came together for every little event and included the whole town, but here in Hills it seemed like the only thing the town came together for was the High School Lacrosse games. The town folk were curious about their newest addition, but no-one approached her like they would have done back in Mystic Falls. And for that, Caroline was grateful.

After the emotional turmoil she'd just been through- what with turning off her emotions after her Mother's funeral and wreaking havoc when her friends couldn't leave her be as she wished- Caroline was done with her hometown and friends. She'd always been the one in control, always ready to put her neck on the line for those she loved, but losing her Mother so soon was just too much. She did the one thing she said she'd never do after being turned into a vampire and instead of letting her go to grieve in her own way, her friends did everything to bring her back. Which, come to think of it, was fine, but then when they expected her to leave a trail of bodies in her wake after she claimed she just needed time to not feel anything, she didn't want anything to do with them.

Grieving was a tricky thing when a being a vampire and all her vampire friends had been through it. She understood their choices and never looked down upon them for it, but the second she cut loose they were quick to judge. So when she finally did turn her emotions back on, she stayed just long enough to help them rid of the latest evil plaguing their town and then packed what she could and fled.

No-one except for Matt knew where she currently resided and he promised to keep it that way.

Throat then tingling and gums aching, Caroline's pulled from her thoughts when her thirst hits. Throughout her entire move she depended on hunting animals in the forest in between stops to keep her hunger sated, but now that she's settled in she needs to scope out the local hospital to see whether or not she can get away with compelling Nurses and Doctors to steal blood bags for her. But before she can even attempt setting foot in a hospital, she needs to stave off the hunger with something either alcoholic or salty.

"Coffee," she muses to herself. "A salted caramel mocha is what I need."

So with a plan in mind, Caroline gathers up some money and her car keys, and heads out to socialize.