Sheriff Stilinski & Tony & Claudia Stilinski

Sheriff John Stilinski couldn't remember the last time he had a decent vacation, the unusual town of Beacon Hills keeping him busy as well as the worry for his son who was constantly getting into supernatural shenanigans. So when the day came for Stiles to graduate high school, John had been proud that his son had made it, even more so when Stiles managed to snag a few scholarships to help pay for his college tuition.

The kids had taken a gap year, something in which John and Melissa McCall didn't mind because with the supernatural breathing down everyone's neck, the kids never had a chance to exactly be kids and were happy that they were making up for lost time. At least, that's what they were supposed to be doing, but Lydia had been busy emailing back and forth with none other than Stark Industries who had offered her a paid internship with them if she attended college in New York. John would have never known anything about Lydia's excellent opportunity though if it hadn't been for the kids wrangling John and Melissa to attend the trip with them since Lydia's own parents couldn't make it.

John had tried to get out of it, but after Deputy Parrish promised he had things under control and with Derek, Braeden and Kira's parents watching over Beacon Hills for anything that went bump in the night, John didn't have an excuse to tell them.

So that's how John finds himself in Manhattan, staring up at the infamous Stark Tower that also publicly doubled as Avengers Headquarters.

"John. John!" Melissa calls out, waving her hand in front of his face before sidling up to his side and hooking her arm with his, grinning. "Come on, old man. Lydia has our visitor passes."

"If I'm old, you're old too, woman," he huffs without missing a beat. Melissa gasps in mock offense before chuckling. "Are we really about to head into a tower of superheroes along with a werewolf, a banshee, a kitsune and a coyote?" he then asks. "That's just asking for trouble."

"Relax," she assures him. "The kids have a lid on their abilities and as long as no one is on the brink of death, Lydia shouldn't wail. We're good."

"I hope you're right," he then sighs, looking through the glass doors at their group of kids standing around and looking around in awe at their surroundings. "What exactly are we doing here again? I mean, I'm glad that Lydia got this opportunity, but I thought math and numbers were her thing, not Stark technology?"

"They are," Melissa assures him, "but according to Scott, Stark Industries has a department that's solely number crunching and Lydia fit their requirements. She also fit the requirements for a few of their science divisions, so Lydia's undecided hence the tour of the facilities today to find out where exactly she's more drawn to."

"I see." After taking a deep breath, and then letting it out audibly and slowly, John nods. "Well, lets get going."

xXx

The entire Beacon Hills gang- sans Lydia- is shocked when Pepper Potts greets them in the lobby, Pepper Potts herself being quite surprised with all the people who had shown up alongside Miss Martin. Scott had been the one to pick up on the surprised feeling, he quickly figuring out what Ms. Potts was thinking, and offered that he and everyone else could tour the city while Lydia got her tour of the building, but then Ms. Potts assured him it was fine when she saw how close the group was.

Ms. Potts had then taken them to floor forty-three, she not apologizing for the fact that every single one of them had to sign NDAs because they were going to see various information and gadgets during their tour, and SI didn't want their hard work being told or sold to someone else. Everyone had easily agreed and signed on the dotted line, Ms. Potts beaming brightly as the tour got underway.

They get to see the inner workings of Stark Industries, every employee's office or lab having glass for walls. Equations with numbers and symbols that had John frowning at in confusion had Lydia a little more enthused than he thought was possible. Technology that no one even knew SI was looking into were in fact being tampered with, and had both Stiles and Scott clutching at each other while they had excited hushed conversations. The scientists and doctors in the typical white lab coats messing with chemicals and various other substances seemed to intrigue Kira, but she moved on fairly quickly as the tour went on.